No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Inks Promotional Pact With Probellum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Inks Promotional Pact With Probellum

Probellum has announced the promotional signing of Scotland's only ever three-weight world champion Ricky Burns. Burns (43-8-1, 16 knockouts) held world titles at super-featherweight, lightweight and super-lightweight between 2010 and 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great news for Ricky. Proper nice guy he deserves a few more pay days

Comment

So who exactly is Probellum? Do they have a well-known head honcho? What network do they have a deal with?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        So who exactly is Probellum? Do they have a well-known head honcho? What network do they have a deal with?
        Richard Schaefer is the President of Probellum so yeah pretty well known. He took all GBP top fighters to Haymon while Oscar was too busy getting coked out and drunk. I imagine he will work closely with whoever Haymon is working with which is Showtime.

Comment

I was under the impression that he'd retired.

If Probellum's headhunting UK fighters I wouldn't be shocked if they hooked up with Sky in the UK to try and fill the Hearn-shaped void that's been left, which is something I wouldn't object to.

Comment

Looks like they are creating a new market for in between fighters, ... retired but wanna do exhibition's which aren't labelled as exhibition's... who next? Haye? Samuel Peter?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Just a money laundering operation. Put two and two together here and see who may be potentially involved......

Comment

I thought Ricky retired after the Crolla fight. Checked boxrec to see he's fought three times since that to include Cardle and Selby. More likely than not, I saw those fights and don't remember them.

In that case, good luck Rickster.

Comment

Huh. I thought Ringstar was the name of Schaefer's promotion. Or at least it was a few years ago. Shaaaaady bizznezz!

Comment

Working...
                  X