No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Inks Promotional Pact With Probellum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Inks Promotional Pact With Probellum

Probellum has announced the promotional signing of former super middleweight and light heavyweight world champion Badou Jack. Jack (24-3-3, 14 knockouts), who was promoted for several years by Mayweather Promotions, held the WBC super middleweight title from 2015 to 2017, and the WBA light heavyweight title in 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man kept mayweather promo afloat for eons by himself while Floyd built the stables. I hope he gets his due. Likely the last balls to the wall fighter we will see come out of that camp. Him fighting with that split face is the stuff of boxing legend IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Man kept mayweather promo afloat for eons by himself while Floyd built the stables. I hope he gets his due. Likely the last balls to the wall fighter we will see come out of that camp. Him fighting with that split face is the stuff of boxing legend IMO.
      Damn I gotta agree with this; that was amazing that he kept fighting that night

Comment

Schaefer and Haymon ushered in a new era of mgmt and promotion. Through the traditional structure Haymon geniusly plugged PBC in with a new n effective method. That's still insane how dirty Schaefer did Oscar lol wow.

Comment

Give all props to Badou. Earlier in his career, I was ambivalent to him and pulled for Superman Edwards when he upset the Swede. After the loss I became a fan. He seems like a very classy guy and does alot for others outside the ring. He fought every top guy he could and gave them wars, often not getting his due respect from the judges. Between that nasty gash and the war with Adonis, the guy is a bonafide warrior.

He's in the twilight of his career, I hope he can make one last run. Good luck Badou.

Comment

Huge Badou Jack fan here and I'm so happy to see Richard Schaefer doing his thing in boxing again! I'm not sure what happened to Ringstar Promotions but I'm here for the Schaefer takeover!
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              gayweather jr is a horrible promoter it's all about him and never the fighters he's supposed to be promoting. he has yet to build a star main event fighter from the ground up. jack was stuck fighting on undercards for most of his career. jack was an action fighter he should have headlined way more cards instead of being buried in undercards. jack would be a bigger a name right now. BAD JOB by gayweather jr.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                Huge Badou Jack fan here and I'm so happy to see Richard Schaefer doing his thing in boxing again! I'm not sure what happened to Ringstar Promotions but I'm here for the Schaefer takeover!
                no one will do business with trick dicky schaefer after he tried to pull a fast one on de la hoya. schaefer is a HUGE SCUMBAG!!! he's forever marked.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
                  Schaefer and Haymon ushered in a new era of mgmt and promotion. Through the traditional structure Haymon geniusly plugged PBC in with a new n effective method. That's still insane how dirty Schaefer did Oscar lol wow.
                  I think Oscar did it to himself! Read Bernard Hopkins' view of the situation:

June 3, 2014:

"Nevertheless Rick, I think whatever Richard will do he will be successful. He can not be replaced...of that magnitude. I know there are a lot of smart people out there, but there are very few honest people out there. And I've been through enough people in the game of boxing, in the business of boxing. And I'm not saying this off the record, I'm saying this on the record - he held up everything he suggested, promised and delivered for Bernard Hopkins."

"I'm going to tell you that Richard Schaefer's presence is going to be felt sooner than later and I guarantee you that. And what I mean when I say his presence, its running the company the way it was ran. Case in point, beyond July there are no fights scheduled. When you have you seen that [with Golden Boy] since you've been covering boxing? Is this the first of the domino effect? I think that's the question that everyone is asking and waiting for everything to play out."

During his CEO run, Schaefer handled the majority of the business decisions. He secured numerous television deals, put together record-breaking events, secured lucrative venue deals and brought in a lot of revenue from major sponsors. De La Hoya, who spent years battling his addictions to drugs, sex and alcohol, was seen by most as nothing more than a figurehead for the company.

"At the end of the day, you become a figurehead when you war not physically active in the business, which means the office...the day by day negotiations, signing fighters, making fights, dealing with the ups and downs, dealing with the shenanigans, the rumors...all things that come with being on the frontline as the CEO, who has to manage the operation. Everyone knows, everyone knows, it's no secret. Oscar would have to be honest on who ran the company. Oscar would admit that he had some ups and downs, more downs that affected him from being in the office, but that's not Richard's fault," Hopkins said.

"And that's where Richard's credibility comes in, because he didn't keep the company just afloat, he kept it on top and there's a difference. Again, it's going to be very hard for anybody to say that Richard Schaefer, from the day he began with the company until the day he announced his exit, was not one of the key promoters of our time. That's going to be hard for anyone to discredit him for that..."

"One thing that is no secret, people are now convinced that I'm no fool. And if they think I'm a fool then they're a bigger fool. The decisions that I've made, the good outweigh the bad with the decisions that I've made in life and that I've made in my career. I've got the utmost respect for Richard and Al Haymon. I've known Al Haymon since the Vernon Forrest days. I've known Al Haymon before he even got into boxing or the boxing scene. I'm not a betting man, but I would bet that Vernon was his first project in boxing. And me and the later Vernon Forrest were very close, That's how far we go back. And even on the other side, when Al represented Jermain Taylor. I'm going to have my team and I....I called yesterday to have a meeting for this week right before the Hall of Fame in Canastota, New York."

https://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-...parture--78539

No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
                    what new era is that? schaefer got himself banned for a long time for trying to steal gbp from oscar. al gaymon refuses to work with other promoters for the most part missing out on huge mega fights. As far as oscar goes in the end he weathered the storm and kept his company and continued to make millions. remember what schaefer and gaymon really wanted was to steal oscar's promotional company including the name golden boy thankfully that didn't happen. schaefer got what was coming to him he's still hasn't recovered. everything he has tried has failed to take off.

Comment

Working...
                    X