Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Avanesyan Ready To Face Yordenis Ugas in Title Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Avanesyan Ready To Face Yordenis Ugas in Title Showdown

According to his handlers, EBU champion David Avanesyan is ready to face WBA welterweight king Yordenis Ugas, who retired Manny Pacquiao back in August.
    [Click Here To Read More]

WBA ordered Ugas vs. Stanionis back in September! He should look for Vergil Ortiz Jr. or Conor Benn, in the meantime!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      WBA ordered Ugas vs. Stanionis back in September! He should look for Vergil Ortiz Jr. or Conor Benn, in the meantime!
      Methinks WBA will let a Spence/Ugas unification happen first. It's logical that they do.

Comment

Better looking for Benn.

Ortiz Jr would send Avanesyan back to his family in several pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Methinks WBA will let a Spence/Ugas unification happen first. It's logical that they do.
          Very true, and if Daddy Haymon says so, it's a go.
          Spence having 3 of the belts makes for a bigger fight against Crawford if it ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

It depends on how long Spence will need to get back in the ring? Ugas must face Stanionis by January 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Better looking for Benn.

Ortiz Jr would send Avanesyan back to his family in several pieces.
              I would think Benn would be calling him out by now, but I haven't seen it!

Comment

Ha at least they’re being honest, I like it. And compared to Boots and Ortiz, he’s probably an easier contender for Ugas too. Not mad at the fight if it happens.

Comment

I've only seen Avanesyan fight once against Lamont Peterson years ago and I've seen his name thrown around so many times...kinda tired of seeing his name but ready to see him win a title. This guy's name has been used so much...he should be get this opportunity just off the strength of that alone.

Comment

It depends on how long Spence will need to get back in the ring? Ugas must face Stanionis by January 13th.
                    Spence indicated on social media that he's ready to go. It's really on Ugas.

At this point nothing's been announced, which means negotiating with WBA to push back the mandatory like what was done for Joshua. Spence/Ugas is a more compelling fight overall fresh off of Manny's retirement - it'd have to be for The Ring title, which means the winner would be considered lineal.
                    Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X