Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki: Delay In Helenius Rematch Taught Me To Put My Trust In Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kownacki: Delay In Helenius Rematch Taught Me To Put My Trust In Time

Adam Kownacki long ago acknowledged everything that led to the lone defeat of his career. Moving on from that moment--a stunning fourth-round stoppage at the hands of Robert Helenius last March at Barclays Center in his Brooklyn home base--wasn't difficult. Having to wait nearly two years to avenge his only pro loss, however, provided a little bit more of a challenge.
    [Click Here To Read More]

go kownacki i dont rate him very highly but hes usually in entertaining fights and think he will get over helenius in their rematch
    once he gets past helenius theres a few bigger names out there for him

Comment

Both men come to fight so this one should be pukka. Helenius is underrated and to this date hasn’t accomplished all he could do I hope he takes it again and gets to a title shot

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Both men come to fight so this one should be pukka. Helenius is underrated and to this date hasn’t accomplished all he could do I hope he takes it again and gets to a title shot
        Helenius stands a good chance at repeat here IMO. I think Kownacki will probably have tried to reinvent himself and that be his downfall. Kownacki need to learn how to roll with a punch instead of eating flush but I imagine he has worked on trying not to get hit. That will be the factor in this fight. Good match up and clashing styles I'm looking forward to it.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Kownacki better win if he is serious about his career. He shouldn’t have lost to Helenius imo.

Usyk and AJ will rematch so Wilder will be looking for someone to fight if he somehow pulls the upset win.

That would surely be kownacki- a name that wouldn’t be that much of a threat on paper.

Fury would be looking for the same thing. Don’t think Bob would put agaba in with Fury so kownacki would be a very winnable fight with a guy just on the ppv.

Comment

Yeah I would say this card is ripe with potential opponents for wilder if he wins. He seems pretty chummy with Helenius so that’s an option, kownacki would be a popular choice for an nyc defence, there’s always Ruiz which would be popular in LA, LV, or Texas.

Comment

Favor Kownacki to win here. But neither of these guys are upper tier. Winner would be a decent option for Joyce next, if Ortiz can’t get done

Comment

So Kownacki has had 19 months off. He’s had time to get in shape. Probably hard to lay off that wonderful high fat eastern European cuisine for that long. I know I would last a couple days… curious to see what he weighs for this fight…

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  So Kownacki has had 19 months off. He’s had time to get in shape. Probably hard to lay off that wonderful high fat eastern European cuisine for that long. I know I would last a couple days… curious to see what he weighs for this fight…
                  Exactly, no excuse. He doesn’t have to be body beautiful but he can get into better shape than he has been

Comment

Helenius beats him again!

Comment

Working...
                    X