Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Wants Catchweight Bout Against Josh Taylor, With Both Undisputed Titles at Stake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Wants Catchweight Bout Against Josh Taylor, With Both Undisputed Titles at Stake

Teofimo Lopez has an idea for killing two birds with one stone. The unified lightweight champion (WBA/WBO/IBF) thinks Josh Taylor, the undisputed junior welterweight champion, should meet him at a catchweight bout in which they put their respective slew of title belts on the line some time in the near future, meaning the winner becomes the top dog in two weight divisions.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

That’s a super fight that needs to happen. A lot of exciting bouts to be made.

Comment

What a joke. First of all dragging the guy down to a catchweight after all the **** talked is just sad. Secondly his reason is that he wants all the undisputed belts to be on the line. But lightweight titles can't be on the line for a 138lb catchweight fight so he's just making stuff up

I still remember 'Loma is ducking if he doesn't fight me right now because I can't make weight any longer' 2-3 years later and he is refusing to move up and wants to drag somebody else down in weight instead. Fight Haney, or Tank, or rematch Loma, or go to 140. But enough with trying to get an "A side advantage" out of every situation, that attitude has seen his Kambosos fight be delayed over and over and killed his momentum. I enjoy his performances but if he'd stop with the diva demands that would be great...

Comment

"If Leo Santa Cruz and Gervonta Davis could do that, at 130 and 135 for the WBA [titles], why can’t we do undisputed [versus] undisputed, mix and match, and do a catchweight in between those and the winner becomes undisputed on both weight classes. Right?" -Lopez

^Stupid comparison. Lopez DKSAB. What a bitch.

Davis-Cruz was not a catchweight fight. It was fought at 130 proper, where Cruz held the WBA belt, and not somewhere between 130 and 135. It was a 130 fight. Davis volunteered to put the 135 title on the line to entice Cruz. It's like Taylor fighting him at 135 and putting his 140 titles on the line. That's legit.

You can fight for any titles above you as long as you make that weight or under. You CANNOT win the 135 titles if you weigh above 135, only the 140 ones. It's also a bitchmove to ask for a 139 catchweight. I shitted on Cotto when he asked Martinez (I think it was him) a catchweight of 159. Stupid one pound.

It seems like even the resident 'experts' don't understand how this works.
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-03-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

...ducking Kambosos, then asking for a catchweight.

It's like Pacquiao all over again.

Comment

Josh taylor is a junior welterweight and has nothing to do with lightweight, and is never going down in weight. Teofimo keeps conning people and the funny thing is that some people believe him. Mr A+ side seem to be worth less than what triller anticipated and keeps having his fight fall apart. What a clown...

Comment

Taylor is huge for 140 no way he makes any lighter. ***** move from Lopez calling for a fight then asking for a catchweight.

Title fights shouldn't be allowed to take place at a catchweight

Comment

Officially not liking Teofimo anymore. Kid wants catch-weights now, go fcuk yourself you glass jaw wanker.

Comment

It's disputable whether Lopez is really undisputed at LW as it stands right now, but he for sure won't be if the IBF strip him for not fighting Kambosos
                  Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
                    Taylor is huge for 140 no way he makes any lighter. ***** move from Lopez calling for a fight then asking for a catchweight.

Title fights shouldn't be allowed to take place at a catchweight
                    They should, as long as the parties agree to the weight. For example, 155 (Canelo's special weight) is a legit middleweight fight, as was the Pacman's fight against Cotto at 145. It's within the weight limit. What Lopez is talking about isn't a catchweight if it involves the titles at 135. He's too dumb to understand.

We don't like catchweights, but I personally don't mind them for important fights, like Tito-Hopkins at 156 for the belts.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-03-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X