Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: I Cannot Imagine Usyk-Joshua Rematch Turning Out Much Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: I Cannot Imagine Usyk-Joshua Rematch Turning Out Much Different

THE BIGGEST FIGHT in British heavyweight history, for the time being at least, went up in a puff of Ukrainian smoke at the home of Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mostly true indeed, but Frank had better not be so sure of Fury beating Wilder again. There's ominous danger in that fight.

Comment

Ooooooooooleeeeeeeeoleoleoleeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooool eeeeeeeeeooooooooleeeeeeeee AJ AJ AJ AJ AJ

Comment

You don't usually think rematches will go any other way. Because the only evidence you've seen is that one fighter was better when they faced each other.

But they do often reverse. We'll see what Joshua can bring to a rematch. And, for that matter, whether Wilder can bring anything new.

Comment

If Tyson gets past the ultra dangerous Wilder on Saturday and again looks good in doing it , it puts Frank in poll position in the Heavyweight shake up with young Edward tittering on the edge and about to drop off. As I've said before never write off 'old Cod eyes' .
          Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

noone will know if joshua can do any better until they face off again, joshua may enjoy being underdog, its a different mindset, it can release some people
            Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Joshua will do much better in rematch if he chooses to box Usyk but Usyk will most likely adapt and win. I don't buy that AJ can't beat Usyk. Usyk looked bad against Chisora and Witherspoon. In many ways AJ is made for Usyk because his strength are his skills and Usyk has better skills, also Usyk cant punch that hard but AJ has a weak chin so AJ can't take risks like other HWs could.

I'd tell AJ to come in heavier and use his weight and size, and time Usyk. Also he hurt Usyk a couple of times in that fight - that was the time to throw caution to the wind and attack hard. I don't see why any HW would try to outbox a smaller and faster CW let alone one as skilled as Usyk

Comment

Fish eyes trolling. Tho it’s funny how Hearn interns never suggest we have perhaps already seen the best Joshua and he is now in decline

Comment

It was a strange fight in that AJ didn’t/couldn’t use his biggest strengths in his punch power and size. From reading the reports, he spent a decent amount of time in camp working on his boxing. He might have been better served priming his own strengths rather than trying to match Usyk in a boxing match. Be interesting to see the power punch stats for AJ.
                  I’d expect a different style of fight second time round with Joshua more on the front foot and imposing his physical presence from earlier in the fight… as long as he can avoid the straight left.

Comment

I said it back when Ruiz KO'd him. If he doesn't leave McKracken how is he ever going to learn anymore than he knows? McKracken doesn't have anymore to teach. It was a nice ride, but it's over now. I know AJ is a loyal guy but that's gonna get him f.... up because boxing is a selfish sport If you aren't growing anymore as a fighter, step off and get a fresh look and new perspective. Ur too damned nice man. U better find a trainer who's very shrewd and wise in boxing. Someone who can show u what ur identity in the ring should be, what to do and why ur doing it, someone like a Roy Jones Jr, Freddie Roach, or maybe somebody that can put a little bit of that Kronk gym up in ur ass
                    Last edited by archiemoore1; 10-03-2021, 06:07 PM.
                    Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X