No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Avanesyan Crushes Liam Taylor in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Avanesyan Crushes Liam Taylor in Two Rounds

David Avanesyan brushed Liam Taylor aside in two rounds to retain his European welterweight title on the debut BOXXER show on Sky Sports at the SSE Arena, Wembley.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) having raised concerns over Anatoli Muratov’s pre-fight medicals, he is now unable to fight in tonight’s bout with Chris Eubank Jr. at the SSE Arena, Wembley.

With the health and safety of our boxers being of paramount concern and the remaining time frame allowing no possibility of finding a replacement opponent of suitable quality, the bout has been cancelled and Eubank will not be appearing on tonight’s card.

The highly anticipated European Welterweight Championship fight between David Avanesyan and Manchester’s Liam Taylor has been elevated to the top of the stacked card which includes the English Super-Middleweight title eliminator between Germaine Brown and Jamal Le Doux; the exciting return of Britain’s most exciting cruiserweight Richard Riakporhe; the pro-debut of elite amateur Ebonie Jones; the return of cruiserweight talent Mikael Lawal; dynamite-punching Joe Pigford; rising middleweight star Linus Udofia; hotly-tipped super bantamweight prospect Alireza Ghadiri and undefeated flyweight Harvey Horn.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-02-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Might want to think about changing the title there BIGPOPPAPUMP ...

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
        Might want to think about changing the title there BIGPOPPAPUMP ...
        Not even the admin care for this card

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

Not even the admin care for this card
          I still don't care after title switch either. Is it on?

My issue with British boxing is that everything and everyone is a MASSIVE "A-list Star," including even the promoters and refs. Fake and garbage. I wanna puke whenever I hear the commentators say those words. Fake humility means no humility.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-02-2021, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I still don't care after title switch either. Is it on?

My issue with British boxing is that everything and everyone is a MASSIVE "A-list Star," including even the promoters and refs. Fake and garbage. I wanna puke whenever I hear the commentators say those words. No humility.
            Ha I don't think even the most dedicated of my countrymen will claim this is a particularly significant card, but Avanesyan vs Taylor is at least likely to be a little more competitve than either of the failed Eubank Jr fights.

David's a solid enough fighter though he's fallen short at world level (had him beating Kavaliauskas till he got stopped though) and we all owe him a debt of gratitude for knocking the wheels off the Kelly hypetrain. Not seeing Taylor as having much chance here but it should be an entertaining scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Ha I don't think even the most dedicated of my countrymen will claim this is a particularly significant card, but Avanesyan vs Taylor is at least likely to be a little more competitve than either of the failed Eubank Jr fights.

David's a solid enough fighter though he's fallen short at world level (had him beating Kavaliauskas till he got stopped though) and we all owe him a debt of gratitude for knocking the wheels of the Kelly hypetrain. Not seeing Taylor as having much chance here but it should be an entertaining scrap.
              I don't have an issue with British boxing itself perse, it's the false premise about everything being an A-list, even the bum fighters, promoters, refs and commentary teams, that I can't stand. Wasn't even talking about this card in particular. Why is everything 'massive' down there?
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-02-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Saw this David guy derailing that hypejob Kelly. I rate him at C so far. Maybe it can change.

Comment

The new Sky boxing is awful and the arena is dead

trying to make the audience think Riakporhe is a future star lol

Comment

Riakporhe is insanely ripped.

Don’t think he’s very good though

Comment

Working...
                    X