Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. on Working With Roy Jones, The Lessons Being Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. on Working With Roy Jones, The Lessons Being Learned

Chris Eubank Jr says that Roy Jones Jr. is the first trainer who has taught him to think in the ring, rather than just doing things on instinct. Eubank has his second fight with Jones in his corner on Saturday at Wembley when he faces Germany's Anatoli Muratov. They first teamed up during the pandemic, Eubank staying with Jones on his farm in Pensacola. Now Eubank is returning the hospitality.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I never thought rj j would be great trainer as he was all about reflexes and athletiscm

Comment

In hindsight, now I can see what Roy was thinking in the ring against Glen Johnson, Lebedev and Maccarinelli:

"Now I need to avoid getting caught aga... KA-BOOM! Chirp, chirp, tweet, cuckoo..."

Comment

Jr's level of opposition is that they can't even pass the medical ....fight off!!!

Comment

Fłck, it was the lone fight on which I had bet this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            In hindsight, now I can see what Roy was thinking in the ring against Glen Johnson, Lebedev and Maccarinelli:

"Now I need to avoid getting caught aga... KA-BOOM! Chirp, chirp, tweet, cuckoo..."
            None of those fights took place during Roy’s prime though.

Comment

The trend of UK fighters looking to Americans to help train them continues but these guys aren’t miracle workers. In the case of Roy, nobody can do what he was able to do in the ring so seeking him out won’t serve much benefit to the much more limited eubank jr. Similar to how Hatton had Floyd sr train him thinking it’d improve his skill similar to Floyd jr, but that turned out to be a disaster. For every Lewis - Steward pairing there are many more that just don’t work out.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

None of those fights took place during Roy’s prime though.
                Of course, man. It was just a joke. RJJ was awesome in his prime.
                whollisboxing whollisboxing likes this.

Comment

I think I like the wild eubank better

Comment

I've always said Eubank jr can be a champion level fighter if he had a good trainer & finally stopped being a self centered diva. Well Jones is THAT guy. You heard it here 1st Eubank will be reborn under Jones(he just needs to grow some stones & stop fighting bums he needs to whoop billy tīts saunders ass.)
                    Last edited by kushking; 10-02-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X