Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Kelly Looks Forward To Rebuilding Career, Getting Fresh Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Kelly Looks Forward To Rebuilding Career, Getting Fresh Start

By Tris Dixon - Josh Kelly has already experienced the good and bad of boxing in his pro career. He's 10-1-1 and was touted for big things after turning professional in 2017. But Kelly was criticized after a New York draw with Ray Robinson and has now been written off by many following a loss to David Avanesyan back in February.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Running around clowning, with his hands down, inviting punches, has to go. Those are the tactics of a wounded man, trying to throw the hounds off the trail. Some guys only smell blood, the bravado means squat.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      Running around clowning, with his hands down, inviting punches, has to go. Those are the tactics of a wounded man, trying to throw the hounds off the trail. Some guys only smell blood, the bravado means squat.
      There’s nothing wrong with that style. I’d be more concerned with that vein on the back of head popping. Never seen anything like that…

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

There’s nothing wrong with that style. I’d be more concerned with that vein on the back of head popping. Never seen anything like that…
        Vein on the back of the head? What do you mean?

Comment

That hands down approach is great—until you come up to higher level opposition. Your reflexes are great—until you fight someone who punches faster. I think seeing Naseem Hamed lose as he did should discourage fighting that way all the time.

He should go and train in the US. At Robert Garcia's gym. Maybe he should train with Reynoso. His defense is ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Vein on the back of the head? What do you mean?
            He got discouraged from that popped vein from the back of his head. Just gushing blood. I tried many times to see if It could’ve been an elbow clash but I couldn’t find it. The closest I found was a rear blow when Josh ducked / slip a shot. Seconds later blood started gushing. Me personally if a doctor explains that it’s rare and wouldn’t happen again I’d consider it. Who knows, maybe the types of workouts Josh did inflamed some vein that when the time came something horrible like this could happen. I remember Stallone had a vein burst doing lifting for Demolition Man way back. Anyways, I think Josh was more focused on that injury that he folded defensively and his corner thought it was enough.

Comment

To put it bluntly, Kelly isn’t more than a euro level talent. There isn’t anything he does especially well. TBH, Kelly should have 2 loses on his resume now, seeing how he loss to Robinson in their fight as well. Anyhow, if I was Kelly I’d retire and become a model think he be more successful in that field.

Comment

He is a talented fighter but his total lack of resiliency in the Avenysyan fight was honestly alarming. I can't remember another time I've seen a fighter who was on top the way he was just totally wilting as quickly as he did. He needs to make massive changes to his fighting style if he wants to have any success whatsoever at world level.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
                  That hands down approach is great—until you come up to higher level opposition. Your reflexes are great—until you fight someone who punches faster. I think seeing Naseem Hamed lose as he did should discourage fighting that way all the time.

He should go and train in the US. At Robert Garcia's gym. Maybe he should train with Reynoso. His defense is ****e.
                  You need great athleticism to pull that style off and truth be told, Josh Kelly isn’t the most athletic fella out there.

But I still think he was rushed and Matchroom ruined him.

Comment

Boxing seems to be just a hobby to him.
                    But I'm glad that Ava beat the showboating out of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X