Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki: I'm Just Gonna Be More Cautious In Helenius Rematch; I've Gotta Move My Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kownacki: I'm Just Gonna Be More Cautious In Helenius Rematch; I've Gotta Move My Head

Adam Kownacki has had more time than he cares to remember to think about his first professional defeat. Waiting more than 18 months for his shot at redemption has helped Kownacki work on his flaws, though, particularly his obvious defensive deficiencies. The popular Polish heavyweight contender fully understands that he cannot be as reckless in his upcoming rematch with Robert Helenius as he was when they fought in March 2020.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Should be a good scrap. This 4 HW fight card is great. Will head to the local bar after work to watch it. Got to get up at 5am sunday so hopefully card is done before midnight
    Last edited by joe strong; 10-01-2021, 11:51 AM.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

"so obviously I’ve gotta move my head"

Apparently Helenius beat some sense into this kid.
      eco1 eco1 TMLT87 TMLT87 like this.

Comment

I've said for some time now he has the defense of a statue that has been buried in cement - neck high.

Comment

Adams problem is he got too fat

Comment

So I forgot this was even a thing....

Comment

He'll probably do it for a round or two then get fatigued by excess movement since he is a human pierogi. Or until he gets lit up or has success of his own offensively and slips back into ingrained bad habits..
              PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

"Kownacki was in control of a fight FOX televised from Barclays Center before his carelessness cost him."

Not the way I saw it. More a back and forth. And he backed up Pillsbury Dough Boy several times.

"I know [Gerald] Washington knocked him out in the [eighth] round [in July 2019], so I think in the back of my head I wanted to out-perform him."

That's a ridiculous comment. Helenius was very sick for the Washington fight, something that was well publicized in the boxing press. This clown here made a career out of using his face for defense. I have zero confidence that changes in the RM. Add to that, Helenius knows he needs this fight or it's over for his boxing career. I expect an even faster dismantling of the pierogi blimp.

Comment

So, is this something he's ever done before or is this similar to the retooling that Wilder should be doing for his fight?

Comment

The whole head movement thing needs a deceptive amount of stamina, stamina that I wouldn't be shocked to find out that jellyrolls doesn't have

Comment

Working...
                    X