Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko: Joshua Can Still Have His Time, Usyk is Something Special

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko: Joshua Can Still Have His Time, Usyk is Something Special

Former unified world champion Wladimir Klitschko believes his former foe, Anthony Joshua, can bounce back strong from the jaws of defeat. In the final bout of his career, in 2017, Klitschko was stopped in the eleventh round of a 'Fight of The Year' scrap with Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I remember how Wladimir had to make adjustments in order to protect his poor stamina with his jab and grab style. It was boring but none the least very well effective.

He managed to slow down the pace and realized that he didn't have to blow guys out of there early by throwing a high volume of punches while running the risk of punching himself out as were in the cases of the Ross Purrity and Lamon Brewster fights.

He waited patiently by biding his time and then the knockouts happened.

Comment

Wlad being as classy as ever, the Kiltschko bros really are a credit to the sport.

Anyway Wlad is a great role model for Joshua now, and with a bit more aggression has probably shown part of a blueprint for how Joshua can bounce back...

Comment

Josh will gain strength in he did well against a genius and didn't disgrace himself.
        if usyk IQ is 160 then Josh is 130

Comment

Usyk is definitely something special! He's like a super-sized Lomachenko! Salute to Usyk, and salute to the Ukrainian Boxing Program!
          SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I remember how Wladimir had to make adjustments in order to protect his poor stamina with his jab and grab style. It was boring but none the least very well effective.

He managed to slow down the pace and realized that he didn't have to blow guys out of there early by throwing a high volume of punches while running the risk of punching himself out as were in the cases of the Ross Purrity and Lamon Brewster fights.

You are spot on! Only problem is, 60K fans aren't packing Wembley to watch that!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Kiltschko's stamina seemed to improve, as his career progressed. He kept on trying for as long as it lasted vs Fury 'And he was fighting hard every round vs Joshua'.

I think Kiltschko learnt to understand pacing, and dipping in and out of intensity ranges more astutely.

I would not suggest that his stamina was as bad as Joshua's.

But for me Joshua's stamina has gotten worst, since for sure Ruiz I. Joshua, his team and his fans have been trying to convince everybody? That his change in dimensions, and lighter weight as improved his endurance 'There is zero evidence of this in any of his fights'.

Ruiz II, was not fought at a high intensity 'And Pulev did not really push him, Usyk was along droning slow paced fight'.

Joshua at 252 pounds vs Kiltschko fought at a high intensity. Wladimir Kiltschko vs Anthony Joshua was the greatest heavyweight title fight of the past 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Kiltschko's stamina seemed to improve, as his career progressed. He kept on trying for as long as it lasted vs Fury 'And he was fighting hard every round vs Joshua'.

I think Kiltschko learnt to understand pacing, and dipping in and out of intensity ranges more astutely.

I would not suggest that his stamina was as bad as Joshua's.

But for me Joshua's stamina has gotten worst, since for sure Ruiz I. Joshua, his team and his fans have been trying to convince everybody? That his change in dimensions, and lighter weight as improved his endurance 'There is zero evidence of this in any of his fights'.

Ruiz II, was not fought at a high intensity 'And Pulev did not really push him, Usyk was along droning slow paced fight'.

Joshua at 252 pounds vs Kiltschko fought at a high intensity. Wladimir Kiltschko vs Anthony Joshua was the greatest heavyweight title fight of the past 20 years.
                I agree with everything except the pace of the usyk fight...that was the most intense fight Joshua has ever been in ...usyk was in range for most of the fight and the head movements and feints would have been taxing on both men...usyks pressure was remarkable and Joshua nearly kept up with him the whole way...if anything that was Joshua's stamina and concentration pushed to the absolute limit

Comment

Joshua can beat everybody except Fury and Usyk.
                  Boxing Goat Boxing Goat likes this.

Comment

Wlad was a beast - boring, but i miss his fights.
                    Boxing Goat Boxing Goat likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X