Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Herring-Stevenson: Xander Zayas vs. Dan Karpency Added as Co-Feature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Herring-Stevenson: Xander Zayas vs. Dan Karpency Added as Co-Feature

Xander Zayas (10-0, 7 KOs), the 19-year-old Puerto Rican-born prodigy, will fight Dan Karpency in a six-round junior middleweight bout Saturday, Oct. 23 at State Farm Arena. Zayas-Karpency will serve as the co-feature to the "Throwdown in A-Town" main event between WBO junior lightweight world champion Jamel Herring and undefeated former featherweight world champion Shakur Stevenson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

My gut feeling is that Nico Ali isn't taking boxing 100% seriously. With all the pomp and ceremony and smoke everyone is blowing up his ass he's going to be big headed and start taking shortcuts. Plus his coach in an interview politely said that Nico talks too much during training camp and that's a red flag to me, Nico would rather hold audience then be a student.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      My gut feeling is that Nico Ali isn't taking boxing 100% seriously. With all the pomp and ceremony and smoke everyone is blowing up his ass he's going to be big headed and start taking shortcuts. Plus his coach in an interview politely said that Nico talks too much during training camp and that's a red flag to me, Nico would rather hold audience then be a student.
      Valuable points.

Here’s the thing, at least he has an amateur background and can fight. There is nothing in his amateur background to indicate he’ll make his way to the top of a division, but he has enough ability to stay undefeated long enough to get a big money fight, assuming he gets veerrrrry veeerrrry careful matchmaking.

Comment

It is obvious that ESPN is using this guy for those that think he matters and he don't reminds me of the U.K. fighter Cambell Hatton. A name to draw people in to watch but the way ESPN beats boxing fans over the head with this guy is way stupid. Hatton got some noise for his UK PPV undercard loss/win but to the money boys if it gets talked about or written about that is fine with them. And boxing says it is to bring more fans in no it is to get some fast money off a name.
        BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Okay I like Zayas but what a weak co-feature.

They are really milking the family name with Nico for publicity attention and that’s going to get annoying sooner or later.

Comment

I like Xander! Hopefully he steps it up a little in 2022!
            BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

How many Karpency brothers are there? There's a HW that just fought Jared Anderson, a LHW that just fought Yuniesky Gonzalez and now this one. If he's anything like the other two, he's going to be tough, limited and woefully outgunned.

The whole Nico Ali thing got stale for me when they first did an interview with him before his pro debut and every single sentence uttered referenced his grandfather.

Comment

So Evan Yung Holyfield is part Asian?? That's a surprise to me.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  Nico is duplicating his grandfather's personality and pushing "Ali" name to establish own
                  casual fan base. Nico was mentioned in every nightly news outlet after 1st fight. Hopefully
                  he develops as a fighter and gets to make a few dollars.

Comment

Working...
                  X