Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Pacquiao Leaves an Absolutely Marvelous Legacy, Will Not Regret Loss To Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Pacquiao Leaves an Absolutely Marvelous Legacy, Will Not Regret Loss To Mayweather

Late Tuesday night, eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao officially announced his retirement from the sport. Last month, the 42-year-old Pacquiao snapped a two-year layoff and lost a twelve round unanimous decision to WBA welterweight champion Yordenis Ugas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ironically the ones who make the biggest deal out of that loss are Pac fans themselves. They shamelessly try to pretend that everyone else is blind and argue that Pac deserved to win a fight that he clearly lost. The loss shouldn’t taint his legacy but Pac fans still can’t live with it till this day. It’s quite pathetic.

Comment

Roy, you nailed it. I've always said for the last few years , Ali, Duran , Robinson, Pacquiao, and Ray Leonard are the top 5 of all time. Chavez, Jones, Louis, Sanchez, Hagler rounding out the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        Ironically the ones who make the biggest deal out of that loss are Pac fans themselves. They shamelessly try to pretend that everyone else is blind and argue that Pac deserved to win a fight that he clearly lost. The loss shouldn’t taint his legacy but Pac fans still can’t live with it till this day. It’s quite pathetic.
        Wrong. I'm a massive PAC fan . I never even took their fight 5 yrs past it due date seriously in the first place. Floyd fought him when he wanted to fight him . Floyd was the A side money wise. He called the shots. The fight should've taken place no later than 2010-11. Everyone knows it but Floyd fans. Did Floyd win the fight ? Yes, he won the fight . I had Floyd up 3 points. But the fight was the biggest con job in the history of boxing. Both way past their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80 View Post

Wrong. I'm a massive PAC fan . I never even took their fight 5 yrs past it due date seriously in the first place. Floyd fought him when he wanted to fight him . Floyd was the A side money wise. He called the shots. The fight should've taken place no later than 2010-11. Everyone knows it but Floyd fans. Did Floyd win the fight ? Yes, he won the fight . I had Floyd up 3 points. But the fight was the biggest con job in the history of boxing. Both way past their prime.
          The fight should’ve happened sooner and they were BOTH to blame for it not happening when it should’ve. Despite the fact that it happened past it’s due date doesn’t make it a non factor. Pac still went on to beat guys like Bradley and Thurman after the Floyd fight so this wasn’t like a Tyson vs Jones exhibition that held no weight with two shot fighters.

Separate note on your previous post, how is Sanchez on your top 10 ever? He passed away at 23 and spent less than 3 years fighting at a world class level. Great fighter, yes, top 10 ever? Nah.
          The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Roy seems not to know that Floyd agreed to a 50/50 purse split back in 2009, and that it was Pacquiao who avoided the fight just because of random drug testing.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80 View Post

———-
              So why didn’t PAC go after Floyd from 2005-2008?

Comment

Roy must be punch drunk. Was it Mayweather who didn’t want random blood tests? Was it Mayweather who claimed he would faint if he gave some blood? Was it Mayweather who said he could do blood tests as long as it was more than 14 days before the fight? Pacquiao was a good fighter but why do people feel they have to blame Mayweather for Pacquiao’s deeds?

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ———-
                  So why didn’t PAC go after Floyd from 2005-2008?
                  Floyd was a fan of Manny during that time. People thought Manny would get crushed by DLH when Manny was moving up.
                  #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                    Roy must be punch drunk. Was it Mayweather who didn’t want random blood tests? Was it Mayweather who claimed he would faint if he gave some blood? Was it Mayweather who said he could do blood tests as long as it was more than 14 days before the fight? Pacquiao was a good fighter but why do people feel they have to blame Mayweather for Pacquiao’s deeds?
                    AT that time, Who is Mayweather to demand anything. They were both at the top, so why would any one of them want to concede anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X