Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev-Marcus Browne: Top Rank Wins Purse Bid With Offer Of $1,105,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev-Marcus Browne: Top Rank Wins Purse Bid With Offer Of $1,105,000

The Artur Beterbiev-Marcus Browne bout officially has a promoter of record. Bob Arum's Top Rank Inc. won a purse bid Tuesday to earn the right to promote their WBC light heavyweight title fight. The bidding process was conducted virtually by the WBC.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Browne has a chance to pull the upset here.
    Theosis26 Theosis26 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      As much as any professional fighter I suppose. But he's soft and chinny which isn't a good combo against Beterbiev.

I'm assuming you're rooting for him because you're a PBC fanboy. I was a fan too until Hot Rod undressed him and he got arrested like four times for beating the same woman.
      BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

As much as any professional fighter I suppose. But he's soft and chinny which isn't a good combo against Beterbiev.

I'm assuming you're rooting for him because you're a PBC fanboy. I was a fan too until Hot Rod undressed him and he got arrested like four times for beating the same woman.
        All I posted was he had a chance here. You’re now assuming things to force it into the narrative from the other thread.

Comment

All I posted was he had a chance here. You’re now assuming things to force it into the narrative from the other thread.
          Doesn't seem like Al has much confidence. Otherwise he'd probably bid more than $1.0M for a two-belt lineal LHW fight. Browne's settling for UFC money for such a high-level fight?

Comment

Good! Hope Beterbiev smashes him to pieces for what he did to my boy, Top Dawg (Thomas Williams).
            mlac mlac likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

Doesn't seem like Al has much confidence. Otherwise he'd probably bid more than $1.0M for a two-belt lineal LHW fight. Browne's settling for UFC money for such a high-level fight?
              Interesting point. These guys aren’t big ticket sellers so maybe it was a cost benefit thing. Maybe haymon doesn’t have the resources.

edit- just saw haymon bid a little more than 1 mil. Lost bid by 105k or so. Maybe he was just being cheap.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-28-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

He's got all of 0 chance are you forgetting he struggled with Castillo, he'll get sent to the Gulag.

Comment

1.1 million for a undefeated unified champion with 100 percent KO ratio. Surely Beterbiev brings in enough viewers to be worth more than 700k

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                    1.1 million for a undefeated unified champion with 100 percent KO ratio. Surely Beterbiev brings in enough viewers to be worth more than 700k
                    What backs that up? What ratings has he done to show he is a big name?

And he can still get more than 700k with TR giving him additional money to the purse amount.

This is a solid fight. I still hold the thought that if Browne is on his game and focused, he can present a lot of problems and hurt Beterbiev. He has shaky performances and then comes with some top performances.

Comment

Working...
                    X