Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: It Was a Massive Statement By Usyk, He Nearly Got The Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: It Was a Massive Statement By Usyk, He Nearly Got The Stoppage

Former undisputed junior welterweight world champion Josh Taylor was blown away by Saturday's performance from Oleksandr Uysk. In 2018, Usyk became the undisputed world champion in the cruiserweight division when he easily outboxed Murat Gassiev over twelve rounds in the final bout of the first season of the World Boxing Super Series tournament.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

Buuuuuuum squaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

Former? Current if I'm not mistaken. Get a grip boxingscene.
        DFM DFM jaded jaded like this.

Comment

Im honestly sick of this hypejob with his fake "regular" belt. There is only one champion at 140. That's what undisputed means. It's disrespectful that the undisputed champ knocked out Mario Barrios for all four belts, and Josh Taylor with his "regular" belt, who has not even fought Mario Barrios or Leo Santa Cruz or any of the other elite jr welterweights, pretends to be a champion.

(Yes Im joking a little )

Comment

The final round of Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk I, must of reminded Josh Taylor of when Regis Prograis gave him the beating of his life for 12 rounds. Like Anthony Joshua, Josh managed to escape a KO in the last few moments of the contest.

But credit to Oleksandr Usyk for being willing to give the former champion a rematch, whereas the 'Tart-Tomato' has been ducking Regis Prograis for the last two years now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

The final round of Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk I, must of reminded Josh Taylor of when Regis Prograis gave him the beating of his life for 12 rounds. Like Anthony Joshua, Josh managed to escape a KO in the last few moments of the contest.

But credit to Oleksandr Usyk for being willing to give the former champion a rematch, whereas the 'Tart-Tomato' has been ducking Regis Prograis for the last two years now.
              12 rounds?? I think you’ll find Prograis lost the first 7 pretty conclusively and a couple of the latter. He has a better 12th granted but he’s lost the fight by then anyway. Taylor wasn’t even given a standing count. Not sure where you get the almost knocked out thing from.

Comment

Joshua vs Usyk: Roy Jones Jr breaks down what went wrong for Anthony Joshua, possible rematch, and why we don’t need Usyk-Fury
                September 26, 2021

On what went wrong for Joshua

“It went wrong at the beginning, because you cannot let Oleksandr Usyk come in and establish dominance in the first round. ... When guys come up in weight, (like) when I fought Felix ‘Tito’ Trinidad — I love Tito Trinidad, I think he’s a great guy, he’s a great fighter, but I almost take it as disrespect if you’re gonna come up to my weight class. So when you come up to meet me, I’m just gonna walk you down and show you that you shouldn’t be up here. As a heavyweight, that’s what AJ should have done immediately tonight.

Instead, he tried to box with a guy who’s known as being a boxer; not just a boxer, a masterful boxer. Much more experience, much more ring IQ. You can’t let him come out and just box and let him get comfortable. Because now, the little guy’s come in your house, got comfortable, as though he’s taking over.”

On what Joshua could have done differently

“He made adjustments. He lost the first two (rounds), but then he won the (next) three. He did make that first adjustment, but then Usyk came back and made another adjustment, and the second adjustment is where (Joshua) had a problem. The reason you have a problem with that second adjustment is because at that time, fatigue also starts to set in. When he got fatigued, it was a little more difficult for him to keep up.”

On whether or not Joshua should take an immediate rematch

“Several things have got to play a part in that. When you’re hungry, you look at it one way. When you’re comfortable, you look at it another way. It all depends on how much you like to win. These new age guys, it’s hard for me to really tell you about them. They’re more about making money. Me, I’m right back in there. I don’t care, don’t even pay me. I’m going back anyway. If you beat me, put me back in there. But I’m a different guy.

“When you get comfortable sometimes, you don’t have that same hunger. If you don’t have that same hunger, he shouldn’t go. But if he has that hunger still, and he’s an athlete where he’s a winner — if he’s a winner at heart, then your job is to go find you somebody that can help you make a few more adjustments and get yourself right back in with that rematch clause. ... It depends on his hunger level and what he really wants to do.”

On changes Joshua needs to make

“He’s got to look at everything, but I thought (trainer) Rob (McCracken) did a good job. He made the initial adjustment, I thought Rob did a good job. I’m just saying maybe he needs to look at adding a few things with that, and how to make Anthony Joshua the best Anthony Joshua.”

“People say what they want to say, but I looked at the Pulev fight again, and I looked at the second Ruiz fight, and I didn’t like either one of them. They say he became more patient, but you can’t expect patience to beat a guy who’s got a higher IQ than you in the boxing ring. Later in the fight, he did what he should have started with, he started stalking him and trying to walk him down, but you’re supposed to do that in round one, not wait until round four or five to do that.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/9/2...xing-news-2021

​​​​​

Comment

Josh Taylor is funny and that would've been him if Prograis had Usyk's engine. You got outboxed and one of your eyes was absolutely battered until prograis gassed out.

Prograis isn't even an elite fighter.

Comment

mike tyson doesnt think so

Comment

Working...
                    X