Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez-George Kambosos Officially Pulled From MSG Schedule

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez-George Kambosos Officially Pulled From MSG Schedule

The lightweight championship clash between Teofimo Lopez Jr. and George Kambosos Jr. remains in transition. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, Triller Fight Club has begun the process of once again moving its Pay-Per-View telecast from October 4 at Madison Square Garden in New York City to October 16 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The first part is complete, with MSG officials taking tickets off sale as they will longer carry the event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow, there's going to be some real happy people out there buying the tickets twice for that event. Not sure how many they sold but I'm sure they sold a good amount. Now people won't get the refund until end of October.

Kambosos is going to come into this fight fuming. I just wish we had another press conference. It could be better than the fight itself.

Comment

Triller burning bridges with MSG and fans. Dumpster fire that needs to hurry up and burn out.

Comment

What a complete cluster fu** this has been for Lopez. I'm starting to doubt if Triller even has that money, just a friendly reminder, that when you win the purse bid, that money has to be in a escrow account no later than 14 days before the fight, don't hold me to that but it's something in that ball park, perhaps even earlier, definitely has to be in escrow at some point, so I wonder how this is going to play out. At this point I'm sure Lopez can legally get out of this since Triller has had plenty of time to put this together.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Triller burning bridges with MSG and fans. Dumpster fire that needs to hurry up and burn out.
          You said it. If Teo wins, watch it take another year for him to get in the ring. Kids got youth on his side, and the belts already. He moving fast for nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
            What a complete cluster fu** this has been for Lopez. I'm starting to doubt if Triller even has that money, just a friendly reminder, that when you win the purse bid, that money has to be in a escrow account no later than 14 days before the fight, don't hold me to that but it's something in that ball park, perhaps even earlier, definitely has to be in escrow at some point, so I wonder how this is going to play out. At this point I'm sure Lopez can legally get out of this since Triller has had plenty of time to put this together.
            I'm sure Triller has the money for it. They have their hand in a bunch of things, their concerts, etc. Maybe they've had to take out a loan for this and plan on recouping next quarter or next year. Triller understands that no matter what this is coming out as a loss. There's nothing it can do about that. But it has to mitigate the loss as much as possible. I understand that too.

But who knows ... stranger things have happened.

Comment

Not the best from Triller.

I was hoping to see Lopez build on his great win, but this one has lost more and more appeal as time goes on.
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Triller go away, never come back.
                macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Lmmao. All this after ducking the Haney fight

Comment

Triller should name drop a Saudi Prince, or billionaire, to shift some blame.
                    Ajvar Ajvar likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X