Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua's Trainer: If AJ Applies Himself, He Will Get The Right Result in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua's Trainer: If AJ Applies Himself, He Will Get The Right Result in Rematch

Rob McCracken, the head trainer for Anthony Joshua, feels confident that his fighter will get revenge in a 2022 rematch with Oleksandr Usyk. This past Saturday night at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Usyk outboxed Joshua over twelve rounds to capture the WBO, IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Learning on the job still? he's been champion on and off since what 2016 if he needs to be "learning" to make use of his jab properly something has gone seriously wrong.

Comment

McCracken will be desperate to keep his job. It’s the typical I have the answers bluff. Rob’s a good trainer but he’s probably not the right guy to take AJ forward. AJ needs somebody who can develop his skill set. He should go to the US, go to a skills coach, a guy who will bring more out of you.

I rate McCracken as a trainer but I’ve always had doubts about his and AJ’s partnership, AJ isn’t a Carl Froch, Howard Eastman type fighter. McCracken will get you in great shape and will give you the right fundamentals but I’m not sure he can mould a fighter like Steward did with Wlad and Lewis. That’s what AJ desperately needs IMO, he needs to evolve his game because it’s so basic. It might work vs 40 yr old faded fighters or C level heavyweights but he needs more to beat a guy like Usyk.
      Motofan Motofan Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

delusional

Comment

These Joshua people need to not talk to media for a week or so to fully process what happened. They sound like fools and are embarrassing themselves

Comment

AJ needs Atlas for some tough love and change of mind set. Usyk will not be beaten by boxing but fighting might do the trick.

Comment

I'm so sick of hearing AJ is learning on the job. Of course everyone is still learning in a sense when they fail, but AJ, hearn and his team use it as an excuse. AJ better go back to school then before going back into the real world.

Comment

Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn, need to cook-up a similar scheme that rendered desired results against Andy Ruiz, but this time instead of a football long size ring, demand the minimum 16 feet for this rematch, and heavily pad the mat like how Wladimir Klitschko done throughout his long awful reign. Something like that, I'm sure they will figure something out.

Comment

Still learning on the job? The guy has been a heavyweight champ twice now,and is in his damn 30's. Every time that this guy gets beat,there's always an excuse behind it. Maybe if he wasn't so robotic and one dimensional,he wouldn't get hurt or schooled against these smaller fighters.

Comment

Joshua will apply himself, that’s an absolute certainty. The question is will his trainer provide him the the right roadmap to apply himself to? Not exactly a clone of Wlad but neither is a natural fighter, both need a lot from their trainer. Wlad didn’t have a lot of answers after Manny passed.

Comment

Working...
                    X