No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk: Fight Went Exactly As I Expected It To Go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk: Fight Went Exactly As I Expected It To Go

This was the outcome always envisioned by Oleksandr Usyk from the moment he was in position to challenge for the heavyweight crown. The unbeaten southpaw became a two-division champion following a twelve-round, unanimous decision win over England's Anthony Joshua to claim the WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight titles on the road at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. It was a fight which Usyk (19-0, 13KOs) and his team pushed for more than a year after being named mandatory challenger to the WBO belt one fight into his heavyweight tour after abandoning his undisputed cruiserweight championship reign.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As vs Gassiev, usyk was like a neverending piston able to exploit any lack of cover. I'd be really interested in seeing how Fury manages that.
    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Fury has a lot more confidence in his chin that Joshua, so I doubt he would fight as scared.
      Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

He ain’t lying, the k2 manager that talked before the fight began pretty much said it would be a wipeout and they’d see us at the rematch “usyk smiled at the rematch clause and said what a gift, I can beat him twice now”

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
          As vs Gassiev, usyk was like a neverending piston able to exploit any lack of cover. I'd be really interested in seeing how Fury manages that.
          Fury is smart enough to use his size and physicality. He will lean on Usyk and maul him when in close, just like he did to Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Fury is smart enough to use his size and physicality. He will lean on Usyk and maul him when in close, just like he did to Wilder.

Yep but usyk's much better than wilder
            blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post

Yep but usyk's much better than wilder
              He's also much smaller than Wilder.

Having to carry Fury's weight will wear him out...or having to be constantly on the move to avoid this will wear him out too.

Comment

Usyk is always on the move in any case, even now that he's heavier. But he's not on the move to run away like ag vs ruiz ii....rather to chase and exploit. But fury is difficult to exploit. Great match would be!

Comment

That is why the fight sucked.

Comment

Methinks Wilder goes Rigondeaux, and Fury goes sad circus clown.

Comment

Working...
                    X