Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko: Usyk Did A Perfect Job, It Was An Excellent Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko: Usyk Did A Perfect Job, It Was An Excellent Fight

The first boxer from Ukraine to win a piece of the heavyweight crown was on hand to watch the latest from his country to accomplish the feat. Hall of Fame former three-time heavyweight titlist Vitali Klitschko enjoyed a ringside view at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London as his countryman, Oleksandr Usyk wrested the WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO titles from Anthony Joshua. Usyk (19-0, 13KOs) offered a boxing masterclass in prevailing by scores of 117-112, 116-112 and 115-113 to become just the third heavyweight from Ukraine to win a major title in the division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Usyk fought an excellent fight and was clearly the better man Saturday. But it’s hilarious reading all of Joshua haters doing their victory laps. Usyk can clearly be hit - his face didn’t look like that after the fight because he ran into a wall. Joshua just needs a better plan that emphasizes power shots - I make him a live underdog in the rematch.
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Usyk had a perfect fight at perfect time.

Comment

aj gets knocked out in rematch with usyk as usyk will have a better gameplan again aj has always been over rated and over protected likes fighting at home to much under mother ed sperms apron strings

Comment

Vitali seemed to be a fan of Usyk where as Wlad chose Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
            Vitali seemed to be a fan of Usyk where as Wlad chose Joshua
            That was strange to me. I mean from what I saw every Brit boxer gave Usyk his respect, but deep down badly wanted Joshua to win. Plus Wladimir technically promotes Usyk, but was supporting his rival. I'd love to read the tea leaves about what happened between those two.

Comment

That was an exceptional performance by Usyk. There is no heavyweight his size or larger who can match his speed. Although he was hit, he wasn’t surprised and no one is gonna come out of a 12 round fight with AJ unmarked. In retrospect AJ’s strategy was all wrong, but I doubt he can even use the strategy of bulking to bully Usyk in the rematch as his stamina will decline and he’ll be too slow, leaving him open to a late ko. Even more, the size gap isn’t actually that big as Usyk has transitioned to hw well. As a result, he only has a punchers chance in the rematch.

Comment

It was a legendary night for British boxing.

Comment

Not only is usky a hell of a boxer he’s got a decent chin on him too

He’s gonna do damage at heavy , not sure I’d fancy him against fury but that would be a good fight

Comment

All of Ukraine must be so very feel!

I doubted him, but Usyk showed me and then some. One badass dude. Cossack Warrior lives.

Comment

Working...
                    X