Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McCracken Breaks Down Joshua's Keys To Victory in Usyk Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McCracken Breaks Down Joshua's Keys To Victory in Usyk Defense

Anthony Joshua must control the space and not leave himself open to counterpunches if he is to successfully defend his heavyweight titles against Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday night, according to his trainer, Robert McCracken.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to this one, because we will find out just how good Joshua and Usyk are.

Usyk would have to step up from his performance against Chisora, although not too much should be looked into that close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      Looking forward to this one, because we will find out just how good Joshua and Usyk are.

Usyk would have to step up from his performance against Chisora, although not too much should be looked into that close fight.
      Yeah too many people looking into the Chisora fight and got Usyk a bad fighter now. I didn't think it was as bad as some make out. Usyk had couple of uncomfortable opening rounds, as everyone does against Del boy, then Usyk won comfortably. Maybe not his most impressive performance, but it was a run out. Tonight is where his true motivation kicks in and he's gonna be up for it. I'm an AJ fan but I'm not convinced he wins tonight. I'm trying to put my neutral head on and that says Usyk for me. But I do think AJ can win, it's just gonna require him to take it to another level. Toughest fight in the division for him right now.
      AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Yeah too many people looking into the Chisora fight and got Usyk a bad fighter now. I didn't think it was as bad as some make out. Usyk had couple of uncomfortable opening rounds, as everyone does against Del boy, then Usyk won comfortably. Maybe not his most impressive performance, but it was a run out. Tonight is where his true motivation kicks in and he's gonna be up for it. I'm an AJ fan but I'm not convinced he wins tonight. I'm trying to put my neutral head on and that says Usyk for me. But I do think AJ can win, it's just gonna require him to take it to another level. Toughest fight in the division for him right now.
        You can’t be an AJ fan who actually watches AJ and has followed his career and not think he’ll blast out Usyk.

You don’t even need to watch the Chisora fight - watch Usyk at his best in the cruiserweight division where he had to dig deep against Briedis in a fight which should’ve been a draw or Briedis win. If AJ were to lose to this guy, I think he needs to retire tbh.

Usyk is just another big narrative type of fighter like Fury - their exploits in the ring don’t match the hype around them. AJ should punch through his high guard and stiff upper body all night and the upper cut is always there with the way Usyk positions his high guard.

Again: if AJ loses to this guy that went life/death against Briedis in a fight he lost - he needs to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

really excited to see Aj strategy. Does he Ruiz2/Parker it or throw it back

Comment

Originally posted by jkrames View Post

really excited to see Aj strategy. Does he Ruiz2/Parker it or throw it back
            It should be a combination, box on the back foot with that long jab but don't panic if Usyk gets close, that's when grab hold, lean, get a bit sweet on the inside and let the ref separate.

Joshua just needs to stay relaxed, be confident, be the big man in there, let Usyk chase the fight.

Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

You can’t be an AJ fan who actually watches AJ and has followed his career and not think he’ll blast out Usyk.

You don’t even need to watch the Chisora fight - watch Usyk at his best in the cruiserweight division where he had to dig deep against Briedis in a fight which should’ve been a draw or Briedis win. If AJ were to lose to this guy, I think he needs to retire tbh.

Usyk is just another big narrative type of fighter like Fury - their exploits in the ring don’t match the hype around them. AJ should punch through his high guard and stiff upper body all night and the upper cut is always there with the way Usyk positions his high guard.

Again: if AJ loses to this guy that went life/death against Briedis in a fight he lost - he needs to retire.
              Lol normally I'm being called an AJ fan girl. You cant win on this forum lol. I'm not one of these guys who says his guy wins no matter what. If I think he's gonna find it difficult and might not win then I can be honest about it. And I'm not saying you are either. It's just my opinion mate. I don't see AJ just powering through here. Usyk is too smart for that. And his footwork gets him out of trouble a lot. I hope your right and AJ comes out and blows Usyk away, but I just don't see it happening. AJ needs to use his jab well at range, then step in quick and get in front of Usyk, and let go some hooks and as you say Uppercuts. He needs to cut out the mid range as that's where Usyk will be in his element. I don't think 1 game plan works here. He'll need to vary between short and long and mix up his approach because if he becomes predictable Usyk will eat him up. Just opinions mate, but I hope it goes your way. And I agree with you about Fury. I don't fear that fight for AJ, nor Wilder. This one I do.

Comment

Aj should win this one imo but it will be good while it last

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Does AJ need to retire ?
                  baroidi baroidi likes this.

Comment

Good job, McCracken. Good job, NumbNuts who was yelling “Brilliant!” to AJ throughout the fight. You all know AJ isn’t bright, so you damn sure should have been better guiding him every step of the way. Shame on the entire team. Now go and try again.

Comment

Working...
                    X