No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Oleksandr Usyk: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Oleksandr Usyk: Stats & Stakes

By Cliff Rold - Saturday's big heavyweight fight (DAZN, 1 PM EST) has some elements we haven't seen a lot of. Former undisputed cruiserweight king Oleksandr Usyk is only the eighth former champion of that class to challenge for one of the major heavyweight belts. Only two of those eight, Evander Holyfield and David Haye, found success and only Holyfield went on to join the pantheon of greats in boxing's flagship class. Holyfield may be Usyk's only real peer in cruiserweight history. An Usyk win would likely top Haye's victory over Nicolay Valuev and keep in the hunt to stay compared to the "Real Deal."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thanks boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad good luck to both hope draw
    jkrames jkrames likes this.

Comment

Usyk TKO 9 AJ glass jaw

Comment

Really nicely written analysis, thanks. On paper it’s AJs to lose, but stranger things have happened.
        jkrames jkrames likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by zod66 View Post
          Thanks boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad good luck to both hope draw
          The draw doesn't work. That means Joshua gets out of a rematch without actually "winning".

Comment

I got no skin in this game so I'm simply hoping for a great fight & that the division get's rolling again.
            Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jkrames View Post
              Usyk TKO 9 AJ glass jaw
              Dont see this happening at all usyk is a weak heavyweight no real power for the division I think he frustrates aj like povekitin did and aj gets angry and kos him the same way

Comment

Originally posted by jkrames View Post
                Usyk TKO 9 AJ glass jaw
                That’s like 50/1 with sky bet in most rounds

I’m a Joshua fan but I’ve bet £3 on a usky knockout each round from 6-12 . £150 winnings

Got to be done , gonna be a class fight !

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post

That’s like 50/1 with sky bet in most rounds

I’m a Joshua fan but I’ve bet £3 on a usky knockout each round from 6-12 . £150 winnings

Got to be done , gonna be a class fight !
                  Yes good call. I have bets. Draw. Usyk 9.
                  Last edited by jkrames; 09-25-2021, 05:48 PM.
                  Straightener Straightener likes this.

Comment

Usyk can't afford his usual slow start, think AJ will look to land heavy early on and do everything in his power not to let Usyk get into his rhythm. Can actually see this ending in 3 with an AJ straight right.

Usyk hasn't been nearly as elusive as I thought at heavyweight but it would be naive to think the same version that fought Chisora turms up. Both sets of whiskers stand to get tested as Usyk loves to stay in range, as a fan of both I'm really looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                    X