Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Comes In At Career-High Weight For Showdown With Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Comes In At Career-High Weight For Showdown With Anthony Joshua

Oleksandr Usyk was heavier Friday for the biggest fight of his career than any of his first 18 professional fights. Anthony Joshua still outweighed him by nearly 19 pounds at O2 Arena in London. The 6-feet-6 Joshua stepped on the British Boxing Board of Control's scale at 240 pounds for their 12-round heavyweight title fight Saturday night in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I guess Usyk believes the fallacy that AJ has a glass chin and he’s coming in for a KO.

AJ should get him out of there in 4/5 rds now..
    brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

I guess Usyk believes the fallacy that AJ has a glass chin and he’s coming in for a KO.

Or, maybe, he thinks that he's gonna get the **** punched out of him and needs some resistance with the extra weight. Usyk probably could be a power punched if he wanted to, but he is way too smart to do that.

Comment

Joshua being best mates again with his opponents at weigh ins.

I think Joshua will win, but it may not be as emphatic as people are predicting.

Comment

Andy Ruiz looked less than stellar versus Arreola. Ruiz looks dominant against Joshua when there are exchanges. Credit to Joshua if he is able to win this fight. I see a potential upset especially if Usyk can survive early rounds.

Comment

I seriously need usyk to win, and I didn't even bet on him lol

Comment

At 222lbs at 6ft 3 I wonder if he was 6ft 6 what weight would that translate to? I guess proportionally they are about same size

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Fallacy? “a mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound argument.”

An overweight non KO fighter Ruiz mauls AJ. AJ has been wobbled on several occasions. Both sound arguments. So how again is this a fallacy?

Comment

I'm glad AJ came in at a proper educated weight! 240 pounds.... Now that's Anthony Joshua's proper fighting weight..

With this weight he can basically do what he wants and not be bothered about gas and oxygen. He has learnt his lesson from the Andy Ruiz first fight..... I don't even blame him, in the Andy Ruiz first fight, that weight gain was for Jared Miller there's no way he could have streamed down to a lighter weight to fight Andy Ruiz after the fight with Jared Miller was cancelled.

AJ for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by BarfyMan362 View Post

Or, maybe, he thinks that he's gonna get the **** punched out of him and needs some resistance with the extra weight. Usyk probably could be a power punched if he wanted to, but he is way too smart to do that.
                    He’s not naturally big, so coming in heavy won’t help his punch resistance. This is just similar to Ruiz 2, and Pulev with guys thinking AJ has a glass chin and coming in heavier than normal for power.

AJ is also excellent against Southpaws and he has never lost against a Southpaw in the amateurs and pros. So it’s going to be an early night.

Comment

Working...
                    X