Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder Trilogy Will Be Carried By Movie Theaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder Trilogy Will Be Carried By Movie Theaters

Movie theaters across North America are lining up to show Fury vs. Wilder III, the highly anticipated heavyweight trilogy showdown between WBC and lineal champion Tyson "The Gypsy King" Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs) and former world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder (42-1-1, 41 KOs) on Saturday, Oct. 9 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Participating theaters include Cinemark, AMC, Regal, Harkins, Galaxy, and several more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

80 bucks to sit in a big room with 200 imbeciles ...no thanks.
    Last edited by breeto80; 09-24-2021, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Hate this fight put back so much. Only takes a week to get over vivid unless you got long covid

Comment

This is quite funny. I believe this is new idea right? well this must be a "let's try it out and see" stuff anyway to be honest I don't think casuals will want to go watch a boxing match in the cinema when there are a lot of exciting movies out there worth their time to watch.

I don't think it's a good idea to really spend large money on to market in the cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Dare7 View Post
          This is quite funny. I believe this is new idea right? well this must be a "let's try it out and see" stuff anyway to be honest I don't think casuals will want to go watch a boxing match in the cinema when there are a lot of exciting movies out there worth their time to watch.

I don't think it's a good idea to really spend large money on to market in the cinema.
          Are you kidding!? Heck no it isn’t new. I took my daughter to GGG Canelo I and II. Tickets were 20$-30$ a piece and the the theatre was the recliner seats. Toss in popcorn, for me beers her soda and a raucous crowd it was like being ringside. Theatre ppv has been around for quite awhile and I will be attending this. You can’t beat 20$ whole fight card tickets.

Comment

Movie theater tickets are usually less expensive than the ppv and it’s supposedly a great atmosphere.

I don’t know that this fight needs to be in theaters. It doesn’t feel big enough to warrant that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Movie theater tickets are usually less expensive than the ppv and it’s supposedly a great atmosphere.

I don’t know that this fight needs to be in theaters. It doesn’t feel big enough to warrant that.
              Everyone isn’t going there to see the fight , all the Wilder fans want to see this extravagant costume Wilder states will be something special and all the Fury fans want to witness the excuses if Wilder loses on the big screen and see how the Wilder movie goers react in person .
              eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

This fight ain't got the right hype for all that, at this point I think people just want to get this fight out of the way especially after the pushbacks
                The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

I've been to a couple of these. Mayweather-Maidana I and II and Canelo-Lara off the top of my head. I don't think I spent more than $25 per ticket.

The trick is to buy about 3 mini liquor bottles from the gas station that you can sneak in your pocket and buy a large sprite at the theater when you get there. Huge screen and you can watch with a buzz.

Comment

Still working hard to sell this fight to the casual audience, I see.

This fight does 1.7m buys. 1.3 of which will be people who went to see Dune but accidentally walked into Fury v Wilder, saw Wilder's costume and thought 'yeah, we're in the right place'.
                    snowdog snowdog likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X