Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Okolie: I Could Go Down as One of The Best Cruiserweights of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Okolie: I Could Go Down as One of The Best Cruiserweights of All Time

WBO cruiserweight champion Lawrence Okolie is looking to stamp his name down in the history books of his weight division. On Saturday night, Okolie will make his first defense when he faces unbeaten challenger Dilan Prasovic as part of the supporting undercard to the Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk showdown at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well if Lawrence want's to go down as an all time great then of course he's going to have to unfiy, but he's also going to have to start fighting abroad!!....

Comment

Let's not forget the enigmatic 'smokin' Bert Cooper as another cruiser to heavy of note. He was the Gatti of the heavies in my opinion - had a ton of heart, plenty of highlight-reel knockouts and slugfests, a solid chin, and a very leaky defence.

Though that defensive posture of his is a one of a kind - kind of a cross between the hedgehog and Philly shell.

Comment

I'm not sure about this, he's difficult to beat for sure but the competition isn't great in the division at the moment. I don't think the fights are there for him to cement a memorable legacy there.

There's probably only briedis out there for him , if were honest even briedis doesn't look the same as the guy that pushed usyk close .

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          Well if Lawrence want's to go down as an all time great then of course he's going to have to unfiy, but he's also going to have to start fighting abroad!!....
          I don't think he needs to go abroad, matchroom have the funds to lure any cruiserweight at the moment to come fight Lawrence in England. Money talks..... And Eddie Hearn has shown he is quite the Father Christmas!
          Sid-Knee Sid-Knee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
            I'm not sure about this, he's difficult to beat for sure but the competition isn't great in the division at the moment. I don't think the fights are there for him to cement a memorable legacy there.

There's probably only briedis out there for him , if were honest even briedis doesn't look the same as the guy that pushed usyk close .
            You are right! The competition isn't great anymore in cruiserweight! Bellew has retired, Gassiev is now fighting at heavyweight, Briedis might be fighting his last fight at cruiserweight so the competition is thin.

You just have maybe Makabu, Lerena, Mchunu and who else is there. Not really great competition. So I think Lawrence is going to blast all these guys including Briedis but the competition has gone weak and therefore it will count against Lawrence in terms of legacy.

No matter, Lawrence for the undisputed, Lineal, Ring magazine cruiserweight champion. let's go..

Comment

Okolie looks the part now. He used to be so damn awkward, and still is, but he's loosened up somewhat and matured into something that's going to be hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                Let's not forget the enigmatic 'smokin' Bert Cooper as another cruiser to heavy of note. He was the Gatti of the heavies in my opinion - had a ton of heart, plenty of highlight-reel knockouts and slugfests, a solid chin, and a very leaky defence.

Though that defensive posture of his is a one of a kind - kind of a cross between the hedgehog and Philly shell.
                Most folks posting in this thread won’t know who that is

Comment

Originally posted by Dare7 View Post

You are right! The competition isn't great anymore in cruiserweight! Bellew has retired, Gassiev is now fighting at heavyweight, Briedis might be fighting his last fight at cruiserweight so the competition is thin.

You just have maybe Makabu, Lerena, Mchunu and who else is there. Not really great competition. So I think Lawrence is going to blast all these guys including Briedis but the competition has gone weak and therefore it will count against Lawrence in terms of legacy.

No matter, Lawrence for the undisputed, Lineal, Ring magazine cruiserweight champion. let's go..
                  To be fair he can only beat the best in his weightclass who is there at the same time as him. His only enemy at the weight may be his size, he looks huge at cruiser. I'm not sure how long he could stay there for.

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post

To be fair he can only beat the best in his weightclass who is there at the same time as him. His only enemy at the weight may be his size, he looks huge at cruiser. I'm not sure how long he could stay there for.
                    He relatively thin limbs.

Im the similar. 6’4 and my natural weight as about 80kg
                    tophat1 tophat1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X