Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Plots To Continue Fighting Until at Least Age 36

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Plots To Continue Fighting Until at Least Age 36

IBF, WBO, WBA, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua would like to continue his career until at least the age of 36. Joshua, now 31, will defend his belts against mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday night at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I believe he can easily go till 36. I would say 42 even. Klitschko was still in great shape at 42.
    Foreman won the HW title at 46.

We know enough about nutrition and the human body these days to see athletes go longer.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadOfTheGypsy View Post
      I believe he can easily go till 36. I would say 42 even. Klitschko was still in great shape at 42.
      Foreman won the HW title at 46.

We know enough about nutrition and the human body these days to see athletes go longer.
      Yep. Every sport you can last longer now. As life keeps moving on there is more data on how to improve longevity. This is against the odds but I don’t feel AJ is a guy to once retire and then try to make a well removed comeback. I’m not as big or as strong when I was younger but I’m very efficient these days. Course it’s easier too look good than actually be in real shape. Experience counts for a lot too. I think one of the main keys is not to get really out of shape. Every battle back to your “fighting weight” takes a toll on you. Also different styles can last longer than others.

Comment

He’d be stupid to continue boxing past age 34/35. He probably wants to have CTE.

When you have made that much money within a short period - it’s better to bow out gracefully.

There are loads of things he can invest in with what he’s made that would generate shiiitload of money for him.
        Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Yawn. This site has turned into the daily mirror for Matchroom bullsht

Comment

No. It's got to be 40. So about 1 fight a year nowadays so 9 more fights. Pac s doing it at 43 and he started pro at 16 years of age at light flyweight.
            Josh might be goat by then
            Last edited by hugh grant; 09-23-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
              Yawn. This site has turned into the daily mirror for Matchroom bullsht
              Lol care to explain? I don't like Eddie Hearns or AJ but he is fighting this week so articles about him are going to be common, and he also has most of the belts at Heavyweight lol. To be honest this fight didn't really get much press at least not on this site.

jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

I like the fighters that plan to be in the sport for a long time. Canelo says the same thing. Screw the Ryan Garcia's that want to retire at 27 or Mikey Garcia's that are just getting random paydays every 2 years.
                Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

After Fury KOs Wilder and then AJ, he may land a sweet career as the black McBain lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                    Lol care to explain? I don't like Eddie Hearns or AJ but he is fighting this week so articles about him are going to be common, and he also has most of the belts at Heavyweight lol. To be honest this fight didn't really get much press at least not on this site.
                    Well said. A common sense response.

Comment

Working...
                    X