No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Takes The (Surprisingly Uncommon) Leap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Takes The (Surprisingly Uncommon) Leap

By Cliff Rold - This Saturday (DAZN, 1 PM EST), former undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk (18-0, 13 KO) will make his third straight start at heavyweight and try to take all three of WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight titlist Anthony Joshua belts with him. It's one of the most intriguing fights on the fall calendar.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad
    SN!PER SN!PER jkrames jkrames like this.

Comment

Love this matchup. I think we see a good scrap. Ultimately I think both get hurt at some point. Pumped.

Comment

There's no big money at cruiserweight, although at light heavyweight it's fine, but heavyweight is the pinnacle.

Roy Jones looked great against Ruiz, but I remember him being slightly buzzed by a punch early on. If he fought Lewis, or even a then past prime Tyson, he would've gotten knocked out.

Usyk isn't that exciting like Holyfield, but he has a chance here, but we don't know what's going to happen against Joshua. It depends also on how aggressive AJ is planning to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          There's no big money at cruiserweight, although at light heavyweight it's fine, but heavyweight is the pinnacle.

Roy Jones looked great against Ruiz, but I remember him being slightly buzzed by a punch early on. If he fought Lewis, or even a then past prime Tyson, he would've gotten knocked out.

Usyk isn't that exciting like Holyfield, but he has a chance here, but we don't know what's going to happen against Joshua. It depends also on how aggressive AJ is planning to be.
          I think what set Holyfield apart was his chin. In his better days the dude could stand and bang with the best of them I wonder how Usyk can hold up after a big shot from A.J. I also think his best chance would be coming in at 215 or around there and trying to beat A.J. with movement and alot of punches. I'm not sure he can do it any other way. I'm intrigued by this fight though that's for sure
          Blond Beast Blond Beast likes this.

Comment

Really love this matchup. Both young, both game, true 50/50. Its funny to me that for all Joshua's plastic hype, its his best bout since 2017 that people choose not to pay attention to.

Funny how bandwagons work...

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

Holyfield wasn't particularly outsized tho, evidently he went toe to toe with guys like Tyson, Bowe and Foreman. I actually think Usyk's footwork makes him as suited to heavyweight in this era as Holyfield was in his. A lot of the guys now are oversized, but major plodders.
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Damn Usyk looks real small next to AJ. Im beginning to sway towards AJ by TKO

Comment

One of the main questions will be whether Anatoly Lomachenko will be in Usyk corner and had been secretly preparing him for this fight, same as he did for Gasiev fight.
                  The training camp was in the same place so I would bet my money on that. This will be huge help for Usyk, as he schooled Gasiev at that fight.
                  KiwiRider KiwiRider likes this.

Comment

isnt that what cats do, take leaps

Comment

Working...
                    X