Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Would Be Shocked if Joshua-Fury Didn't Happen in 2022 - If Both Win Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Would Be Shocked if Joshua-Fury Didn't Happen in 2022 - If Both Win Fights

Eddie Hearn, the promoter for IBF, WBO, WBA, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, would be shocked if a unification with WBC champion Tyson Fury did not come off in 2022.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Prepare to be "shocked"

Comment

Geni Geni kameni

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
        Prepare to be "shocked"
        Hahaha. I'd say it's 50 50 really. 2022 should be the goal. I don't understand how eithers ego could stand in the way of $80m minimum payday each over 2 fights.

Comment

I don't think either of their up coming fights are foregone conclusions. We could all well be talking about Wilder v Usyk for undisputed next year although I have no doubt Joshua has a rematch clause and if Wilder beats Fury that only leaves it as won 1 drawn 1 and lost 1. Room for a 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            I don't think either of their up coming fights are foregone conclusions. We could all well be talking about Wilder v Usyk for undisputed next year although I have no doubt Joshua has a rematch clause and if Wilder beats Fury that only leaves it as won 1 drawn 1 and lost 1. Room for a 4th?
            There's no way there's a 4th fight between Fury and Wilder. If Fury wins, that's obviously the end of that saga. If Wilder wins he's under no contractual obligation to give a rematch, and Wilder believes Fury cheated in the 2nd fight and he believes he was robbed of a KO & decision in the 1st fight. Wilder would move on to Aj or Usyk. If there's a draw, the WBC may try to order a 4th fight, but Fury will just say he was rusty and get the rematch postpone ld until after the unification fight. Then, Fury would retire after 2 fights with AJ or Usyk.

Comment

I would not be shocked at all. Boxing is notorious for this.

Comment

Working...
              X