Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Discusses Anthony Joshua's Decision To Remain With Matchroom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Discusses Anthony Joshua's Decision To Remain With Matchroom

Eddie Hearn says that Anthony Joshua's decision to sign a promotional deal that ties him to Matchroom for the rest of his career is "massive" for his business.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Think majority of folks rooting to Usyk aren’t doing so cuz they dislike Joshua. He seems a good dude. It’s cuz we have an 80s/90s Don King situation with Hearn. Obnoxious loudmouth easy to root against.

Comment

Last edited by War Room; 09-22-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
        Think majority of folks rooting to Usyk aren’t doing so cuz they dislike Joshua. He seems a good dude. It’s cuz we have an 80s/90s Don King situation with Hearn. Obnoxious loudmouth easy to root against.
        I agree.

At least Don made some good fights.

Comment

So is AJ leaving Sky after this Usyk fight?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I agree.

At least Don made some good fights.
            I suppose it’s easy to do that when you control most of the sports talent. Young Edward wanted to but his mouth proved to be his own most destructive enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I suppose it’s easy to do that when you control most of the sports talent. Young Edward wanted to but his mouth proved to be his own most destructive enemy.
              Yeah he just can’t help himself, if he actually just remained tight lipped and professional instead of negotiating through the media or making derogatory comments, he’d get much more done.

I mean you’re trying to negotiate a super fight between AJ and Wilder and you’re referring to Wilder’s manager as Shirley Winkle. I remember seeing those comments and I was like what the f*** are you doing you absolute clown?
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Yeah he just can’t help himself, if he actually just remained tight lipped and professional instead of negotiating through the media or making derogatory comments, he’d get much more done.

I mean you’re trying to negotiate a super fight between AJ and Wilder and you’re referring to Wilder’s manager as Shirley Winkle. I remember seeing those comments and I was like what the f*** are you doing you absolute clown?
                It was such a lost opportunity. He and Haymon were literally working together on the original pbc time shares when all the British fighters were coming over to fight on pbc and showtime alike. It was there for him to take, all of it, with the backing he had if he would have come over and fostered relationships and possibly with deals for more dates for pbc to do domestic business with dazn….man it could have been beautiful.
                if Edward isn’t careful he may lose Canelo as well. I’m telling you that Espinoza is really catering to him in this current promotion. I will add this however….Don King robbed his fighters blind, clearly Hearn doesn’t do that. If anything he overpays them…that counts for something.
                Last edited by Oldskoolg; 09-22-2021, 01:36 PM.
                RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Favoring Joshua to win on points - but Hearn is messing with fire announcing a long term deal BEFORE a big fight. It’s like buying a house - and then you lose your job a month later. He’s tempting primal forces of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

It was such a lost opportunity. He and Haymon were literally working together on the original pbc time shares when all the British fighters were coming over to fight on pbc and showtime alike. It was there for him to take, all of it, with the backing he had if he would have come over and fostered relationships and possibly with deals for more dates for pbc to do domestic business with dazn….man it could have been beautiful.
                    if Edward isn’t careful he may lose Canelo as well. I’m telling you that Espinoza is really catering to him in this current promotion. I will add this however….Don King robbed his fighters blind, clearly Hearn doesn’t do that. If anything he overpays them…that counts for something.
                    I completely agree mate, massive f*** up from Hearn burning that bridge with Haymon/PBC.

Yeah that’s the one thing I’ll always credit Hearn, he’s never robbed or short changed a fighter, he pays his fighters on time. It’s only the mugs paying £20 for Whyte and Chisora on PPV that are getting short changed.

Comment

Working...
                    X