Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Relishing Underdog Role Against Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk Relishing Underdog Role Against Anthony Joshua

Oleksandr Usyk can severely stall the heavyweight picture Saturday when he faces off against unified champion Anthony Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the United Kingdom.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Usyk says it’s long overdue but he decided to take warm up fights himself before because he felt he wasn’t ready when he was granted the mandatory . I think deep inside he does know there’s a great chance he losses and he has no pressure on him being the underdog so he’ll use that position to hope for the best and think AJ just might make enough mistakes to win .
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Back when Klitschko was facing Fury he sparred Usyk & The general consensus is Usyk was handling him & he ws then removed.
      Also looking back after listening to the rant earlier Usyk used to throw 800+ punches per fight & now that's apparently down to 400 or less as a heavy.
      Has he been going through the motions so far as a heavy? Does he struggle with the extra pounds? Is he more cautious at heavy?
      I have Aj as favourite being a londner in london with hearn ref & judges, usyk could win 8 rounds & loose on points.
      I got no dog in this race, i just hope it isn't a boring chess match of a fight.

Comment

I hope Josh wins, but I'd be pleased for usyk if he pulled it out of bag

Comment

Joshua has the technical challenge, and Fury doesn't have a tricky a challenge, but a much more dangerous puncher in Wilder.

I wouldn't be shocked if one of Joshua or Fury loses, these are tough fights.

Comment

Uysk is CW turned HW in this giant HW era, solid amateur style with his jabs, but it will be impossible to win on points against Hearn's golden goose in his home turf. His only chance is to do what Ruiz jr. did, but Uysk does not have heavy hands. Maybe Joshua's jaw is even more brittle after Ruiz jr., so there is a small chance for Uysk to pull the upset.
            Last edited by baroidi; 09-22-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I'm excited for this fight. Usyk hasn't looked great since moving up to HW. Idk how he'll do in this fight. So much unknown. Maybe AJ will bring the best out of him. I almost see it playing out like the Povetkin and AJ fight.

Comment

I like both Joshua and Usyk. Got to admire Usyk's willingness to travel, his engine and his excellent boxing skills, but it's clear why he is the underdog. Hoping for a good fight and I think we should get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                  Back when Klitschko was facing Fury he sparred Usyk & The general consensus is Usyk was handling him & he ws then removed.
                  Also looking back after listening to the rant earlier Usyk used to throw 800+ punches per fight & now that's apparently down to 400 or less as a heavy.
                  Has he been going through the motions so far as a heavy? Does he struggle with the extra pounds? Is he more cautious at heavy?
                  I have Aj as favourite being a londner in london with hearn ref & judges, usyk could win 8 rounds & loose on points.
                  I got no dog in this race, i just hope it isn't a boring chess match of a fight.

I wonder how facts are made up through general consensus...To my knowledge the only one who was talking about this was Johnny Nelson and he said that Wlad removed the reporters from them gym because, as per Johnny, Usyk was giving it to Wlad. Wlad and Usyk sparred many times, btw, even after Wlad's retirement. I doubt though that Wlad was dominated by Usyk though.

Comment

So... who has the better shot for an upset? Wilder or usyk?

Comment

Working...
                    X