Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White To Jake Paul: Forget Masvidal, Go Fight Anderson Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dana White To Jake Paul: Forget Masvidal, Go Fight Anderson Silva

UFC president Dana White has shot down the possibility of allowing Jorge Masvidal to enter a boxing ring to fight Youtuber turned boxer, Jake Paul. In his last two fights, Paul has defeated two of White's former fighters.
    [Click Here To Read More]

RIP Zuffa boxing
    Coachcody Coachcody likes this.

Comment

"White said to the Australian Daily Telegraph". Why is Dana White talking to an Australian newspaper about an American youtube fighter and a retired mma fighter?

Comment

Better still Jake should box a boxer or if he wants to fight MMA guys go to MMA. This halfway between vanity project **** is getting very boring.
        mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I didn't listen to anything White said other than Jake Paul should pick on someone his own size Wtf. Masvidal has been fighting his whole life so what if a youtuber is 20lbs bigger than him. I really didn't know the gulf in disparity until all these fights were made. Anderson Silva is the only that can hold his head up. The rest are garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            I didn't listen to anything White said other than Jake Paul should pick on someone his own size Wtf. Masvidal has been fighting his whole life so what if a youtuber is 20lbs bigger than him. I really didn't know the gulf in disparity until all these fights were made. Anderson Silva is the only that can hold his head up. The rest are garbage
            Thats because "the rest" are washed up, hand picked, or a combination of the two. That includes Anderson tbh. This was his last UFC fight....

SlimyCheeryLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

and then the guy that KO'd him went on to get badly outstruck in his next fight by a 3rd tier opponent.
            Last edited by TMLT87; 09-22-2021, 04:45 AM.
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

Thats because "the rest" are washed up, hand picked, or a combination of the two. That includes Anderson tbh. This was his last UFC fight....

and then the guy that KO'd him went on to get badly outstruck in his next fight by a 3rd tier opponent.
              Yeah I just quickly watched the fight now .lol

Comment

White's not wrong

Paul is targeting badly faded former MMA names that are smaller than him and without much of a striking background

Askren and Woodley were both wrestlers, smaller and miles past their prime. I mean I still give Paul a little bit of credit for competing at even that level but is he beating a striker in their prime from the 170lbs division? Probably not. Is he beating a faded striker from a weight class nearer his own weight like Silva? Probably not. Is he even getting past an actual boxer like Tommy Fury if they make that fight, probably not.

It's hard to see how he takes a genuine step up in either size or striking ability and continues winning

An older 185er with wrestling background? Weidman, Romero? Previously capable striker at 170? The Lawler/Nick Diaz loser?

I think he's an underdog in each of those if they are/become contractually available though
                NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

masvidal is under contract and white wont make any of those fights. connor-mayweather was a one off and that was only because of the huge revenue and exposure that he finally agreed to it.

on the small chance that jake paul actually beat masvidal, a highly rated current MMA fighter, it would be devastating to the UFC brand.

Personally after seeing the last fight and woodley throw the fight away from not throwing at all.... masvidal has an easy time with paul, all he has to do is shell up, stick and move for 3 rounds and paul will be gassed and then he can unload on him. paul isnt a good boxer, look how much woodly slipped his punches, he telegraphs bad. masvidal had better boxing skills when he wasnt even an actual boxer doing those backyard boxing videos.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

The 46 year old silva that we seen fight twice would make easy work of paul. Woodley had the KO in the bag and threw the fight. Woodley is a fuking wrestler and gun shy with his punches. I overestimated paul by thinking he would win, which he did but i was thinking by KO and didnt expect woodley would make it into the 8th round, and refuse to throw anything with a gassed paul in front of him.
                    Last edited by elfag; 09-22-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X