Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Vows To Reverse Everything That Happened To Bellew, Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Vows To Reverse Everything That Happened To Bellew, Beat Usyk

WBO, IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is not worried about Oleksandr Usyk's performance against Tony Bellew in 2018. Usyk, who at the time was the undisputed world champion at cruiserweight, traveled to the UK and scored a crushing knockout of Bellew, who retired in the aftermath.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What happened to Tony Bellew?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

What happened to Tony Bellew?
      He became Anthony Bellew, went back home to his wife and kids, and he has never been seen since. He stayed true to his word. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

He became Anthony Bellew, went back home to his wife and kids, and he has never been seen since. He stayed true to his word. Nash out.

I heard that Tony Bellew is mentoring Conor Benn these days, advising Benn on avoiding all threats but putting himself in position to win a vacant world-title. Tony's experience of getting brutally KO by a true elite champion Oleksandr Usyk, gives him the authority to prepare Conor Benn for the shock of his life when he faces Vergil Ortiz or Boots Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I heard that Tony Bellew is mentoring Conor Benn these days, advising Benn on avoiding all threats but putting himself in position to win a vacant world-title. Tony's experience of getting brutally KO by a true elite champion Oleksandr Usyk, gives him the authority to prepare Conor Benn for the shock of his life when he faces Vergil Ortiz or Boots Ennis.
          Yes, when Anthony Bellew turned up there to meet Benn, he did not realise there was going to be cameras there, but I understand he has given Benn two pieces of advice. 1. Talk big, and call out the best, 2. Wait around and hope to get a vacant title shot at an overrated turkey. Nash out.

Comment

I know it’s an unpopular opinion but I think Usyks gonna win. Or it’s gonna be a lot closer than most believe.

If the AJ prior to Ruiz 1 shows up, I think Usyk is in for a rough night. But if the AJ of Ruiz 2 & Pulev shows up, I think Usyk has his best shot.

Usyk is a slow starter & i think AJ will start off just as slow mostly throwing jabs. Usyk seems to fight better in the 2nd half of fights & if the fight goes into the later rounds he’s gonna test AJs gas tank.

I think AJ needs to be a little more aggressive than he has been in the last two fights. He’s the bigger, taller, stronger man with a longer reach. Usyk needs to also be aggressive. AJ looked very uncomfortable anytime he got into a close quarters exchange with Andy in the rematch it’s up to Usyk to get himself in that same position. He certainly has the footwork to do it, much better than Andy

Comment

Last edited by War Room; 09-22-2021, 11:12 AM.
              Satir Satir E-Thug E-Thug like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Yes, when Anthony Bellew turned up there to meet Benn, he did not realise there was going to be cameras there, but I understand he has given Benn two pieces of advice. 1. Talk big, and call out the best, 2. Wait around and hope to get a vacant title shot at an overrated turkey. Nash out.

And the most important lesson that Tony Bellew provides Conor Benn is that even if your plans fail the first time, you can come again and maybe you can finally succeed in winning a world-title, but drop the title ASAP when you see a WBSS tournament coming up and leave the division completely, just to be sure that you are safe.

Then find a overrated washed-up injured English-Bum to cash-out.
                Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  I know it’s an unpopular opinion but I think Usyks gonna win. Or it’s gonna be a lot closer than most believe.

If the AJ prior to Ruiz 1 shows up, I think Usyk is in for a rough night. But if the AJ of Ruiz 2 & Pulev shows up, I think Usyk has his best shot.

Usyk is a slow starter & i think AJ will start off just as slow mostly throwing jabs. Usyk seems to fight better in the 2nd half of fights & if the fight goes into the later rounds he’s gonna test AJs gas tank.

I think AJ needs to be a little more aggressive than he has been in the last two fights. He’s the bigger, taller, stronger man with a longer reach. Usyk needs to also be aggressive. AJ looked very uncomfortable anytime he got into a close quarters exchange with Andy in the rematch it’s up to Usyk to get himself in that same position. He certainly has the footwork to do it, much better than Andy
                  I agree that AJ's best option is to simply go in hard and catch Usyk cold in the first few rounds and that Usyk's best version of the fight is taking AJ deep and testing his gas tank.

Disagree that Usyk is likely to win. Not impossible, but I think it's unlikely. I think we're going to see a similar version of AJ to the one we saw against Pulev... and that will likely be enough. He'll be cagier than the destroyer mode of old, but not as cagey as in Ruiz II when he showed almost zero appetite for risk.

Comment

I am looking forward to this avowed reversal, entering the ring on a stretcher, leaving to the theme of Z Cars...
                    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X