Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Inks Career-Long Promotional Pact With Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Inks Career-Long Promotional Pact With Eddie Hearn

Unified Heavyweight Champion of the World Anthony Joshua has signed a new career-long promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing. The IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO ruler puts his crowns on the line against former Undisputed Cruiserweight king Oleksandr Usyk at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London this Saturday September 25.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good, they have been together from day one and have had a lot of success together. No need to break that up.

Question is, will Joshua go to DAZN or continue fighting on Sky?
    TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Good, they have been together from day one and have had a lot of success together. No need to break that up.

Question is, will Joshua go to DAZN or continue fighting on Sky?
      He's not going to DAZN - he'll stick with the current pattern.

The reason is staying with Matchroom is because of boxers he's currently managing at 258MGT.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

He's not going to DAZN - he'll stick with the current pattern.

The reason is staying with Matchroom is because of boxers he's currently managing at 258MGT.
        I mean there really isn't any reason for him to leave. His current setup is fine...But I agree, I think he stays at Sky as well.

Comment

If Eddie's gonna pay any fighter, it's gonna be AJ. He's been priority and this is a nice move!

Earn with Hearn!

Comment

He may do a Canelo and drift around.

If DAZN complete the BT buy out he could also be ppv on there or DAZN will have to give him Canelo money to remove the ppv.

Comment

Hopefully he signs a separate deal with DAZN. Sick of paying high sky subscription fees

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I mean there really isn't any reason for him to leave. His current setup is fine...But I agree, I think he stays at Sky as well.
                Yes, that's the only way he can maximise his earnings especially now that DAZN has reduced its budget.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Yes, that's the only way he can maximise his earnings especially now that DAZN has reduced its budget.
                  DAZN is reducing their budget stateside, but that doesn't apply in the UK or elsewhere.

And besides, DAZN will soon purchase BT Sports. PPV is the way to go for Joshua though to maximize his earnings though...So he's not leaving Sky.

Comment

Joshua seems like a sensible guy who will hopefully not squander hundreds of millions of dollars, as Mike Tyson and Holyfield did.

Very few former pro fighters, and actually many sportsmen, blew their hard earned money. The sport of boxing lacks any pension fund and savings funds for fighters. That has got to be fixed.
                    Last edited by Liondw; 09-21-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X