Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: Canelo Looked Beatable Against Mayweather, Lara, Golovkin, Kovalev, Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: Canelo Looked Beatable Against Mayweather, Lara, Golovkin, Kovalev, Saunders

As the saying goes, it's not always about if you win but how you win that matters inside the squared circle. IBF super middleweight titleholder Caleb Plant would probably agree with that dictum as it relates to his forthcoming full unification title bout against boxing kingpin Canelo Alvarez, who owns the WBC/WBO/WBA belts, on Nov. 6 in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course, since Caleb Plant is at a much higher level than Mayweather, Lara, Saunders, and Kovalev, Canelo should be easy work for him. He will beat Canelo "easier than you think."

Comment

Plant is a good boxer. Canelo will struggle. Might need one of his famous gift decisions.

Comment

Too bad you are no where near as good as those guys. Biggest win is the Subway guy.

Comment

I agree with some but not all of what Plant said. Canelo looked in control against Saunders and a faded version of Kovalev.

Comment

Whats he suppose to say? The truth?
            “He’s going to kill me, sound bettter?

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
              Plant is a good boxer. Canelo will struggle. Might need one of his famous gift decisions.
              Plant will have to dominate every round from beginning to end. He had better throw 1000+ jabs

Comment

'Kovalev was doing well until he got caught, BJS was doing well until he got caught' there is some truth to that, but all it makes me think is that even if Plant does well, Canelo is going to catch him with something big in the second half of the fight.

Plant has skill but I don't think he's that versatile, he might be better than BJS but don't see him being any more successful vs Canelo

Comment

Ok Plant's looked beatable in literally every fight

Comment

He has the same obvious flaw that Saunders had, good frontrunner who starts to fade a lot in the second half and loses all snap on his punches and becomes more stationary.

Movement gives Canelo some issues, because he isnt that quick on his feet (but improved his ability to cut off the ring) and doesnt stick chest to chest with his opponent and thus doesnt trap them on the ropes. But movement with stamina flaws is a bad combo against Canelo, because as soon as you stop moving as much, he lands his accurate punches.
                    Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X