Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Believes Plant's Skills Give Him a Shot To Shock Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Believes Plant's Skills Give Him a Shot To Shock Canelo

Four division world champion Mikey Garcia believes Caleb Plant is capable of pulling off a big upset when he faces Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a full division unification. Plant and Canelo will collide on November 6, with the IBF, WBO, WBA, WBC super middleweight titles at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A perfect fight doesn't exist.

Comment

Just trying to hype up carnelo to make it seem it ain't a mismatch.
      Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Garcia swerved Prograis tho. I was a big fan pre-spence. I think too beats him. Garcia should go for Taylor.
        idk, he been so inactive he's a target n he knows it. I think he tryna cash out. He was on a good run, like HOF type of opposition..than spe nce beat that determination out

Comment

One thing is for sure is that Plant is no quitting coward like Fielding, Jacobs, Kovalev, Smith, Yildirim and Saunders. This is going to be a great fight

Comment

And of course mikey is correct. Canelo is an effective counter puncher, the best in the business right now for that style. Plant has the ability to nullify Canelo due to the lack of foot movement and the need for plant to be stationary to land. If plant wins on points, people will call it “boring” and say Caleb “ran all night.” The casuals who are obsessed with Canelo have no understanding of boxing outside of Canelo and will not understand the need to it off the ring.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

If the fight happens, if Plant gets through the first six rounds unscathed, he'll probably be ahead on points, at least unofficially.

It's the second half of the fight he'll have to be sharper, when Canelo comes on strong. Twelve rounds isn't as big a test as fifteen, and I'd prefer if they made thirteen round fights, but it's still a test.

Comment

Plant has hand speed so that gives him a chance. But Plants going to be in for a sh.it storm the closer it comes to the fight, with the promotion I mean. People are going to be all over him fight week and how he handles that will determine how much energy he has in the fight. I guarantee you Canelo’s used to this and he will be laid up in his suite with his team using as little energy possible.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
                  Garcia swerved Prograis tho. I was a big fan pre-spence. I think too beats him. Garcia should go for Taylor.
                  idk, he been so inactive he's a target n he knows it. I think he tryna cash out. He was on a good run, like HOF type of opposition..than spe nce beat that determination out
                  Agreed. Garcia has a chance to be a hof and possibly even legend. But he sold himself to pbc and Spence for a mere 5 million. If he had faith in himself he would have that made that money times 3 for every fight vs Ryan, Haney, teo, Loma, tank. But now he is just a joke of a fighter similar to Amir Kahn. Damn shame.
                  No look hook No look hook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    One thing is for sure is that Plant is no quitting coward like Fielding, Jacobs, Kovalev, Smith, Yildirim and Saunders. This is going to be a great fight
                    Were the guys you mentioned always "cowards" or did they get afflicted with cowardice only when they fought Canelo? If so, are they still cowards or did they revert back to being non-cowards now that they are no longer facing Canelo in the ring?

Comment

Working...
                    X