Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Once Dominant, Joshua Faces Usyk as Champion of Uncertainty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Once Dominant, Joshua Faces Usyk as Champion of Uncertainty

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Let's say you're Anthony Joshua. To suggest you've got the world by the tail is no overstatement. You're 6-foot-6 and resemble a 240-or-so-pound chunk of granite in boxing trunks. And your smile and skill set have helped make you a marketable commodity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Andy Ruiz is a fcuking bum.

Comment

Joshua will never live that Ruiz loss down.
      No look hook Slip jab likes this.

Comment

All boxers at heavyweight can lose a fight.

None of wilder, fury or AJ have a perfect record anymore.

Joshua has a record of fights which make me believe he is number one and until wilder or fury either takes on AJ or takes on a number of other valid opponents I’ll continue to think that.

Usyk is a top class fighter though and considered small by many, he is still six foot 3 and we all know he is a gold medalist who cleaned up the cruiserweight in style. It’s nothing to do with Andy Ruiz and more to do with who Usyk is and why it’s a top match up.

Joshua, like many credible opponents before him, appears to take the challenge on first of the top trio.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          All boxers at heavyweight can lose a fight.

None of wilder, fury or AJ have a perfect record anymore.

Joshua has a record of fights which make me believe he is number one and until wilder or fury either takes on AJ or takes on a number of other valid opponents I’ll continue to think that.

Usyk is a top class fighter though and considered small by many, he is still six foot 3 and we all know he is a gold medalist who cleaned up the cruiserweight in style. It’s nothing to do with Andy Ruiz and more to do with who Usyk is and why it’s a top match up.

Joshua, like many credible opponents before him, appears to take the challenge on first of the top trio.
          I agree. Thumbs up.

On the subject of fighting Wilder and/or Fury, there is just far too much cloak and dagger when it comes to these deals being made with those two. We know there was a genuine offer for Wilder that he refused to fight Fury. We know there was a deal (that Hearn put together) to fight Fury. So there is no hiding the fact that Joshua wants them both - or, as he put it; whoever has the belt.

Fury has talked up Usyk a lot, as well. This is a good fight for the division. A Champion taking on a dangerous mandatory, no questions asked.

In comparison to the deals to fight Wilder and Fury, it has been a breeze to get the fight against Usyk made. To me, its not hard to read between the lines and see where the issue lies.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post

I agree. Thumbs up.

On the subject of fighting Wilder and/or Fury, there is just far too much cloak and dagger when it comes to these deals being made with those two. We know there was a genuine offer for Wilder that he refused to fight Fury. We know there was a deal (that Hearn put together) to fight Fury. So there is no hiding the fact that Joshua wants them both - or, as he put it; whoever has the belt.

Fury has talked up Usyk a lot, as well. This is a good fight for the division. A Champion taking on a dangerous mandatory, no questions asked.

In comparison to the deals to fight Wilder and Fury, it has been a breeze to get the fight against Usyk made. To me, its not hard to read between the lines and see where the issue lies.
            Usyk is turning up to get paid so obviously he's happy to be the B side and give Team Joshua all the usual advantages.

Fury and Wilder won't stand for that s***, and the fact remains that Fury and Wilder are about to fight for a third time and Joshua has been unable to arrange a fight with either of them.

Comment

I dont think Joshua ever really came across as "dominant", he faced plenty of adversity in most of his big wins and always seemed potentially vulnerable. Of course the Ruiz loss was still shocking though.

Comment

AJ was hyperventilating during the Andy Ruiz rematch. Flashback nightmare's
                very possible.
                Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Bellew sold usyk to me I think usyk wins now. Where's chaz and ch isora at to give me another take on it?
                  Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bornboxingfan View Post
                    AJ was hyperventilating during the Andy Ruiz rematch. Flashback nightmare's
                    very possible.
                    Not at home that was his first fight in the US, AJ is boxing better than he ever has but Usyk is a live dog.

Comment

Working...
                    X