Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-JoJo Diaz Bout Remains In Discussion; WBC Approves As Final Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-JoJo Diaz Bout Remains In Discussion; WBC Approves As Final Eliminator

Devin Haney remains on the hunt for his next title defense while the last two opponents he has expected to fight are instead ordered to face each other. Four mandatory title fights and eliminators were revealed by the World Boxing Council (WBC) as either in progress or due to be ordered. Among the lot is a potential lightweight clash between Ryan Garcia (21-0, 18KOs) and former IBF junior lightweight titlist Joseph Diaz (32-1-1, 15KOs), with the bout in discussion for weeks and now coming with the WBC's blessing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haha, good banter between the 3.

Let's get it on

Comment

So the two guys who fought final eliminators are now fighting in like a super duper final eliminator against one another? Don't people usually get removed from the rankings for this type of stuff?

Comment

Zero interest in this one, one of them should be fighting Haney. My prediction: Garcia wins & then fights Gamboa or something

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5

Boxing is a joke
          Haney gets a lot of hate around here but if this happened to a lot of other fighters people would be upset. But really what it is is something needs to happen with the WBC. The WBA looks good compared to them lately.

Comment

Lmao like Oscar, Ryan or Diaz give af about the wbc's approval.

if Diaz wins I expect him to fight hankey but if Ryan wins then he'll just keep having hankey beg him lol

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5

I agree because the wba got rid of the interim belts
              They were forced to by the association of boxing commissions I think they're called. They were threatened that if they didn't knock it off with all the BS belts they would no longer be sanctioned. High time the WBC gets the same treatment...

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                Lmao like Oscar, Ryan or Diaz give af about the wbc's approval.
                You do realize that they must have went to the WBC to let them allow this, right?
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

You do realize that they must have went to the WBC to let them allow this, right?
                  Doesn't matter the wbc knows those guys bring in money so whether or not they did is irrelevant.

I'm looking forward to this fight whereas hankey is just gonna fight some bum after holding on for dear life against a shot linares.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Doesn't matter the wbc knows those guys bring in money so whether or not they did is irrelevant.

I'm looking forward to this fight whereas hankey is just gonna fight some bum after holding on for dear life against a shot linares.
                    Just post that you don't like Haney. It isn't like you're trying to bring anything else to the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                    X