Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Believes Critics Are Focusing Too Much on His Performance Against Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk Believes Critics Are Focusing Too Much on His Performance Against Chisora

Former undisputed cruiserweight world champion Oleksandr Usyk is less than a week away from the biggest fight of his career. On September 25 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Usyk will take on IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not at all, I'm focused on the fact that Usyk is just not a natural HW, maybe he grew in to it, but I don't see how you grow into it in your 30s, but I'm rooting for Usyk, I think he has great boxing skills for a big man, and if he was just a little naturally bigger, he would definitely beat A.J. Unfortunately he might be boxing beautifully for like 8, 9 rounds only to be caught with something. I'm rooting for you.

Comment

He is feel, he is very feel.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I agree with Usyk. However, I do believe AJ’s reach advantage is going to be a big obstacle to overcome. I can imagine Usyk having problems closing the distance without wasting a lot of energy and getting worn out. AJ can keep him at range and fight more comfortably at his own pace, unless Usyk really pressures a lot, which is a dangerous strategy but also might be his best chance at winning. We can only guess.

Comment

Heīs right about Chisora, the only two fights Derek wasnīt competitive were vs injured Vitali and Fury rematch. And as usual, Usyk started slow and Chisora came out all guns blazing, so the first few rounds looked a bit harder than they should have. - Usyk canīt afford another slow start vs AJ if he wants to win a decision in the UK.
          Last edited by Slowhand; 09-19-2021, 09:10 PM.
          billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

The fact is, he hasn't looked good at HW and it seems that guys could use their size to bully him around. He is also getting hit more and his defence seems shaky. If lower level HWs can find a way to get their punches to connect on him and overwhelm him, the higher level guys are going to exploit it further and hurt him bad.

Comment

Literally every top fighter goes through that.

Every top fighter in history has a fight that fans and media don’t want let the fighter live down.

Yes, Usyk looked average vs Chisora. No win will ever erase that. In reality, any great win Usyk gets going forward will just make Chisora look better, not Usyk look better.

His opponent, AJ, also has a fight that his critics will never let him forget, Andy Ruiz. Fury has Wallin and McDermott.

His countryman, Wladimir Klitschko had Purrity, Sanders and Brewster. His domination at the top did not matter to his critics. They never let go of his losses. Those performances seemed to always define him as a fighter. Vitali had Lewis.

Same fans claim losses don’t matter.
              Szef Szef likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Heīs right about Chisora, the only two fights Derek wasnīt competitive were vs injured Vitali and Fury rematch. And as usual, Usyk started slow and Chisora came out all guns blazing, so the first few rounds looked a bit harder than they should have. - Usyk canīt afford another slow start vs AJ if he wants to win a decision in the UK.
                It doesn't matter. Usyk can knock AJ down every round and he will still comfortably lose to a mega star of British boxing. There is no conceivable way AJ will lose to Usyk on points.
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post

It doesn't matter. Usyk can knock AJ down every round and he will still comfortably lose to a mega star of British boxing. There is no conceivable way AJ will lose to Usyk on points.
                  Itīs UK, not Vegas..

Comment

Speed can beat Joshua so won't be surprise if Usyk rise into occassion and pull this through...

Comment

Working...
                    X