Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Shuts Down Rumors Of A Canelo Rivalry: We Don't Have Any History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Shuts Down Rumors Of A Canelo Rivalry: We Don't Have Any History

Former two-division titleholder Andre Ward recently expressed his bemusement regarding the idea that he has some sort of deep-seated feud with Canelo Alvarez. The subject has come to light once more particularly because IBF 168-pound titleholder Caleb Plant was recently seen getting pointers from Ward in the gym ahead of Plant's scheduled full unification bout against WBA/WBC/WBO 168-pound champion Alvarez Nov.6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This was primarily sparked by butt hurt canelo fans because when Ward was asked about canelo beating Kovalev, Ward rightfully stated that Kovalev was no longer the “Krusher” and clearly wasn’t the same fighter that he faced. Obviously he was saying the truth which bothered canelo fans. That combined with Ward helping Plant also has Canelo fans all worked up because god forbid anyone support the opponent of the man they idolize. It’s like religious fanatics believing someone is disrespecting the god that they pray to nightly.

Comment

Clenelo does not want that smoke. He is the face of boxing and needs to stay on his course. I look forward to him fighting guys like Benavidez and Charlo
      Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Ward is just showing something that’s very rare in boxing, he’s supporting his fellow American against Canelo. Something every other nationality does boldly but Americans rarely do out of fear of criticism. This is the legacy of the odd political correctness of boxing. Everyone else is allowed to be vehemently nationalistic and patriotic….Ward is telling the world he doesn’t give a damn about the boxing PC culture

Comment

The truth is Ward has some deep rooted jealousy/hate for Canelo. Ward and Virgil are very respectful figures in the sport, always give out compliments and pointers to fighters, but when asked about Canelo, they always seem to stop themselves from giving a full fledged compliment and mention things like "he wouldn't be able to do that to me/Andre" or "he's never called me out".

Comment

"Ward, a career 168-pound fighter who finished out his career as a light heavyweight, . . "

So he wasn't a career168-er then, was he?

But anyways . . .

Comment

Ward mentioning something that no one has brought up, he's looking for a payday.

Comment

For sure he is a Canelo hater

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Ward is just showing something that’s very rare in boxing, he’s supporting his fellow American against Canelo. Something every other nationality does boldly but Americans rarely do out of fear of criticism. This is the legacy of the odd political correctness of boxing. Everyone else is allowed to be vehemently nationalistic and patriotic….Ward is telling the world he doesn’t give a damn about the boxing PC culture
                  I agree with your take, but its the way he's doing it. He went out his way and reached out to plant. Plus they made this high production video for the public, where he's not only training him, but he also talks about the keys to victory for plant....this whole ordeal seems to be planned and part of a bigger motive

Comment

Ward may not be a Canelo hater but Virgil Hunter definitely is. I can see why people feel that way about Ward though. I can’t really recall him ever giving Canelo any kind of praise or acknowledgment. Any time he’s mentioned him it’s never been negative per se but it’s never been anything positive either lol

who cares though. Unless ward says he coming back to fight there’s really nothing to talk about here

Comment

Working...
                    X