Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Crawford-Porter, Scott Training Wilder, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Crawford-Porter, Scott Training Wilder, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Malik Scott training former world champion Deontay Wilder, Terence Crawford vs. Shawn Porter, the lightweight foursome being called the New Four Kings, more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Manny Pac is the least one to be saying is the "gold" standard for PED testing...
    icee icee likes this.

Comment

You can tell Breads panties get all wet when he's talking about Crawford.... Crawford HOF?, Crawford most avoided? Anyone who's in the Hall of Fame, either beat or at least fought other top guys around, Crawford has done none, if there's any top fighters Crawford has beat or fought, please leave their names in the comments section. Avoided? Try him and bobby been avoiding everyone, I mean, even bread himself mentions that Porter has been calling out Crawford out for a while, so by his own admission he recognizes that Crawford hasn't been eager to jump in. Make no mistake, this fight is happening because Crawford's contract with top rank is expiring and Arum doesn't care if Crawford loses anymore, that's the only reason, and of course they think Porter has way more miles on him. And by no means I'm I saying Crawford isn't talented or he won't beat Porter, all I'm saying is Crawford has not tested himself, that's all, for the Hall of Fame, Crawford would have to beat Porter, Ennis, Ortiz, Ugas, or at least 2 or 3 of those guys and then move up and beat Charlo or a top Champ at 154, his escapades at 135, 140 don't mean anything when your beating paper champion's or put in vacant title fights against spoon feed opponents.

Comment

Lopez smokes Davis, not even compétitive, Ellerbe and Floyd will never make this fight anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Manny Pac is the least one to be saying is the "gold" standard for PED testing...
          Lmfao i thought the same thing. I love manny but whoever said that is smoking crack.
          icee icee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            Lopez smokes Davis, not even compétitive, Ellerbe and Floyd will never make this fight anyway
            Please

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
              You can tell Breads panties get all wet when he's talking about Crawford.... Crawford HOF?, Crawford most avoided? Anyone who's in the Hall of Fame, either beat or at least fought other top guys around, Crawford has done none, if there's any top fighters Crawford has beat or fought, please leave their names in the comments section. Avoided? Try him and bobby been avoiding everyone, I mean, even bread himself mentions that Porter has been calling out Crawford out for a while, so by his own admission he recognizes that Crawford hasn't been eager to jump in. Make no mistake, this fight is happening because Crawford's contract with top rank is expiring and Arum doesn't care if Crawford loses anymore, that's the only reason, and of course they think Porter has way more miles on him. And by no means I'm I saying Crawford isn't talented or he won't beat Porter, all I'm saying is Crawford has not tested himself, that's all, for the Hall of Fame, Crawford would have to beat Porter, Ennis, Ortiz, Ugas, or at least 2 or 3 of those guys and then move up and beat Charlo or a top Champ at 154, his escapades at 135, 140 don't mean anything when your beating paper champion's or put in vacant title fights against spoon feed opponents.

I think to myself, I wonder what would happen to him if he was a PBC boxer. Can you imagine?

Comment

Bread isn’t the brightest in disguising his own fabricated Q&A. It’s not like the editors could prove those submissions.. . But Edwards parading for SNAC and its cited fighters isn’t even subtextual but more commercial shilling just so that he can state his former Jrock. Is Bread’s latest prized possession fighters enrolled in SNAC? Lol

Assalaam alaykum Mr. Edwards,

In the interest of keeping things positive (where I think both you and I would rather focus), I wanted to move away from fighters who've tested positive and ask about fighters you know who have gone above and beyond in terms of testing for PEDs. I know you prefer not to single out the fighters who are suspect (and there's no need to go over all the fighters who have tested positive), but what about fighters you know who have tested extra just to DO THE RIGHT THING?

Obviously, Nonito Donaire is the GOLD standard as he was enrolled in year-round VADA testing for the majority of his career. Other boxers I'm aware of that signed up for year-round VADA and/or insisted on lengthy testing periods for their fights are Gennady Golovkin, Julian Williams, Timothy Bradley, Brandon Rios, Oleksandr Usyk, and Manny Pacquiao (although, to my knowledge, not recently). Who else makes the cut? Am I wrong about any of the above guys? What other fighters are you aware of who should get props for PROVING that they're on the level?Thanks for your time and thoughtfulness with the Daily Bread. Peace and prayers to you and yours.

Ma salaam, John Newman

Bread’s Response: How are you Sir?

I’m sure there are others but Deontay Wilder is also a gold standard of modern testing. He’s caught I think 3 fighters while they were training to fight him. Caleb Plant and Demetrius Andrade also are fighters who demand testing and are outspoken about PEDS. There may be more but I can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Comment

I'm totally stoked for Crawford vs Porter. I don't rate Porter highly but at least Crawford fighting at top 10 WW

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                    "Crawford has beaten the best available fighter for 8 years and he has NEVER come close to losing in almost 40 fights."

Notice the careful choice of wording there. Crawford has beaten the "best available" fighter, not the actual best fighters. Is that HOF worthy?

"I do however want to give Shawn attribution for being the 1st PBC A list fighter at 147 to cross the street and fight Terence Crawford. That deserves major props. Crawford is a cold killer and was being avoided and Porter has consistently called him out and asked for the fight. Man, I respect that."

Yordenis Ugas and Keith Thurman expressed interest in fighting Crawford. They weren't avoiding him.

If not for the WBO ordering the mando Crawford very likely would never have fought Porter.

Let's keep it 100.
                    icee icee Greenfield02 Greenfield02 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X