No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: I Feel Like I Can Stop Jermall Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: I Feel Like I Can Stop Jermall Charlo

Former super middleweight titleholder David Benavidez says he was emboldened by Juan Montiel's surprisingly effective performance against Jermall Charlo in their middleweight title fight in June.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Benavidez can barely make 168. Why does he keep trying to fight a Middleweight? How about trying to get a title shot at 168?
    LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

This fight is so easy to make. Same house, same street, same uncle...
      So easy that Showtime Espinoza would make it in a heartbeat.

https://www.boxingscene.com/showtime...s-next--157187

Charlo, as usual, is the main roadblock. He would even say no to the SHO exec.
      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Charlo is a huge middleweight. He's doing the same thing Canelo did with GGG! He's terrified to move up because Benavidez will knock him out. Look at how bad he looked in his last fight. The 160lbs is becoming really hard to make. Canelo was ridiculed by Mexicans because he would struggle just to make 155 and then balloon up to 180 on fight night. Charlo looked lethargic and tired by round 5.

Comment

Benavidez lost his title twice. Once to cocaine, the other to the buffet.

#Unprofessional

Comment

If not for covid, I'd probably go check this fight out. I went from new york to phoenix years ago and went to see margarito vs. hercules kyvelos and rafael marquez vs. pete frissina and I sat close to ringside. Mayweather was there in the audience cheering for his boy wes ferguson. He had a small crew with him, and no giant bodyguards, not like nowadays. I also went to the central boxing club on 18th and van buren a few times to work out and I recall seeing jose benavidez working out. Maybe david was there and i didn't notice because he was probably just a chubby little kid back then lol. I definitely believe he can ko Charlo.

Comment

I'm not going to speculate, but imagine what would happen to Charlo if Benavides was landing those shots Montiel was in his last fight? That's all I'm going to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post
                Charlo is a huge middleweight. He's doing the same thing Canelo did with GGG! He's terrified to move up because Benavidez will knock him out. Look at how bad he looked in his last fight. The 160lbs is becoming really hard to make. Canelo was ridiculed by Mexicans because he would struggle just to make 155 and then balloon up to 180 on fight night. Charlo looked lethargic and tired by round 5.
                How that work out for you saying ggg would KTFO of Canelo??? Had ggg fighting backwards scurred to engage in the 2nd fight

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                  Benavidez can barely make 168. Why does he keep trying to fight a Middleweight? How about trying to get a title shot at 168?
                  Charlo is struggling to make the middleweight limit, he just refuses to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post

Charlo is struggling to make the middleweight limit, he just refuses to move up.
                    Benavidez lost hist title missing weight. If anyone should move up, it's Benavidez. He's in a hard spot, having no title. Charlo should move up to fight a guy without a title? I heard that he's in the running to fight Canelo. There's not a lot of benefit to fighting Benavidez right now for Charlo, except for bragging rights. It's not a big money fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X