Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn Signs New Multi-Fight Deal With Matchroom Boxing, Eyes December Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Conor Benn Signs New Multi-Fight Deal With Matchroom Boxing, Eyes December Return

Conor Benn will keep his team intact as he aims to advance from prospect to contender. The unbeaten welterweight continues his working relationship with Matchroom Boxing, with the two sides confirming a new multi-fight deal in place. News of the extended agreement comes on the heels of Benn's recent ten-round win over veteran contender Adrian Granados earlier this month in Leeds, England. "I am extremely excited to extend my professional relationship with Matchroom Boxing," said the 24-year-old Benn. "Matchroom believed in me from the start, they gave me an amazing opportunity and have supported me to grow as a professional fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 09-17-2021, 09:48 AM.

"I'm delighted to sign a new multi-fight promotional deal with Conor Benn," said Matchroom Sport Chairman Eddie Hearn. "I've witnessed first hand how hard this young man has worked and he now sits as a major player in British boxing."

this is why young Edward failed in the USA. You ccany look at boxing in such small terms and then plan to take over boxing on the USA. This mindset is just staggering to me. And if you try to call it out folk kick off and want to give someone a bollocking. If you want to be “British boxing” then just stay in Britain…it’s a big island with 3 countries on it, millions of people, excellent market for the sport. But don’t expect a whole nother county and then get mad when people don’t accept you

Comment

Broner is a gate keeper. That's a good fight for Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        "I'm delighted to sign a new multi-fight promotional deal with Conor Benn," said Matchroom Sport Chairman Eddie Hearn. "I've witnessed first hand how hard this young man has worked and he now sits as a major player in British boxing."

this is why young Edward failed in the USA. You ccany look at boxing in such small terms and then plan to take over boxing on the USA. This mindset is just staggering to me. And if you try to call it out folk kick off and want to give someone a bollocking. If you want to be “British boxing” then just stay in Britain…it’s a big island with 3 countries on it, millions of people, excellent market for the sport. But don’t expect a whole nother county and then get mad when people don’t accept you
        You don't get it do you? It's global domination. USA just a piece of the pie.

Comment

I thought young Edward was just waiting for the PBC to fail with the FOX deal being up at the end of the year or is the PBC moving to a Paramount app. Has Arum offered to buy the PBC then? or are they moving to Triller?

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          this is why young Edward failed in the USA

Comment

Difficult to see where Benn goes from here. Is he even the best 147 in Britain?

Comment

Connor Benn might regret this decision, he should just retire. Eddie Hearn, has failed at protecting his hype-jobs : for example, Josh Kelly, who Conor Benn admired and publicly praised for what Benn believed were exceptional boxing skills, got exposed by a unknown Ray Robinson in New York, then obliterated by David Avanesyan -- Who Benn is currently ducking.

On the same Matchroom card, other overrated Brits suffered humiliating defeats, like : Anthony Joshua, and Katie Taylor, but Taylor got away with robbery -- which is a underhand Matchroom routine that Eddie Hearn will have to employ to save Conor Benns uncertain career.

I have reviewed Conor Benn's latest fight against Adrian Granados, Benn's technical limitations and lackluster performance would deter any serious promoter with sincere ambition build a world-level stable and legitimate contenders.

Benn, is just a waste of time like Ricky Hatton's son Campbell Hatton, two bums going nowhere, doomed to disapoint their fathers ; they are no Tim Tszyu, that's for sure.

For those that appreciate expert technical boxing analysis, I submit some of my notes from Conor Benn vs. Adrian Granados with gifs below :

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...6#post31076526

Comment

Conor's only 24 & an easy target for the critic's because of his Father. The truth of the matter is that he is a good prospect who should be British & Commonwealth champion by now. If he's not going for those belt's & is seriouse about being successful on the World stage then £ddie's really going to have to put him on in the US a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                X