Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabe Flores' Father Snaps Back At Critics: I've Been In Tougher Street Fights Than That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gabe Flores' Father Snaps Back At Critics: I've Been In Tougher Street Fights Than That

Gabriel Flores Sr. has no plans of offering up a mea culpa anytime soon. The father and trainer of 21-year-old super featherweight prospect Gabriel Flores Jr. recently defended his controversial actions (or lack thereof) during his son's upset loss to Mexican Luis Alberto Lopez on the Oscar Valdez-Robson Conceicao. Lopez won a stunning unanimous decision in a fight that saw the veteran maul the young Stockton native from pillar to post from the early rounds and on. By the ninth round, many across the boxing commentariat were urging Flores Sr. to stop the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What an arrogant prick. Flores obviously needs a new trainer.

Comment

This wasn't your son taking sloppy punches from some gang banger on the streets. Your son was taken clean head shots over and over from a trained professional boxer and for the most part, unnecessarily after the 7th rd where it became clear to everyone, your son wasn't going to land a hail Mary.

I get the father/son "tough love" aspect of thier relationship but that went beyond anything I'd let my son endure especially in a fight without much on line. Young or not,Gabe Jr had something taken out him that night that couldve/should've been prevented imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
        This wasn't your son taking sloppy punches from some gang banger on the streets. Your son was taken clean head shots over and over from a trained professional boxer and for the most part, unnecessarily after the 7th rd where it became clear to everyone, your son wasn't going to land a hail Mary.

I get the father/son "tough love" aspect of thier relationship but that went beyond anything I'd let my son endure especially in a fight without much on line. Young or not,Gabe Jr had something taken out him that night that couldve/should've been prevented imo.
        I'm hard on my son's and try and let them learn the hard way but no respectable Dad would let their son take a 1 sided beating like that. He shouldve pulled the plug and went back to the drawing board to prevent that sort of beating happening again.

Comment

Hmm. Knowing your son was sick going into the fight doesn’t help your story.

Maybe he could take the beating, but you knew he was sick/gassed after 4, so why should he. Poor decision making. You could have taken the decision and saved his ego and future resilience.

Comment

Some of these father's of boxers are pure arrogant pricks, like Teo's father and Danny Garcia's. Robert Guerrero's father is far more interesting and likable. I'll take 100 of him over these other arrogant dad's.

Comment

Having Dad as Trainer, is never a good idea. To many emotions involved. And honestly, all the father trainer's ( for the most part) I've seen are always full of themselves, I mean to think that you can train your son better than an actual boxing trainer, you have to be full of it.

Comment

He’s in complete and utter denial. That’s what this is.

Comment

I hope Flores eventually gets rid of his dad for this stupid coaching of his the fact he acts like the punishment he took isn't going to affect him moving forward is stupidity at it's worst I mean other fighters who have actually been in the ring said it was a terrible idea and his dad just acts like nah I know more than these dudes??!!

Comment

The sooner you face it the better Sr, your son is a disgrace to Mexican American boxing because of the way he carries himself outside the ring, we were all glad he got his arse kicked and humbled. Next Up Bill and Devin Chinney

Comment

Working...
                    X