Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Fury Told Me How He's Killing Sparring Partners; Arrives In Las Vegas On Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Fury Told Me How He's Killing Sparring Partners; Arrives In Las Vegas On Saturday

If there is anything substantive to the rampant speculation on social media regarding Tyson Fury pulling out of his third fight against Deontay Wilder again, it is news to one of his co-promoters.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm guessing Jarrod Anderson not sparring him this time around...

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      I’m sure they gave Anderson the boot from camp lol. Anderson looks like the next big thing at heavyweight
      davefromvancouv davefromvancouv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        This rumour came from Team Wilder, who are not exactly known for telling the truth.

Maybe Anderson did bust him up? So what?

Anthony Joshua has been knocked spark out in sparring loads of times, against guys a hell of lot inferior to Anderson, and it's not exactly done AJ any harm thus far in his career.

Comment

People put way too much credibility in sparring stories. Fighters....(ALL FIGHTERS)....get hurt during sparring. That's what it's for. It's a controlled environment that allows a fighter to try out new strategies, and to expose their weaknesses intentionally. So yes, you will get hit in sparring and you will get stung and you will get hurt. That's the whole purpose. If you're beating your sparring partners easily then there is always the possibility they are going too easy on you. And that doesn't help at all!!! Well, maybe for minor confidence building, but not too much in the long run.

So I suggest taking any sparring reports as totally subjective things. The fight night opponent will not "fight" exactly the same as the sparring partner, and the main fighter will not respond the same then and at fight night to everything the sparring partner does vs the opponent. Now, sparring has its place, and one of the ideas is to mimic the opponent, but again, it's to show the fighter's weakness to the opponent. So, these things will happen in sparring. They are a natural occurrence.

Personally, I like hearing that a fighter is being challenged in sparring, because at the very least, we know he's being exposed to some weakness in his game and will hopefully adjust things in camp to keep that exploit from happening come fight night.
          Last edited by 1nonlymre; 09-17-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I see their have been some promotions to Captain lately…

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

This rumour came from Team Wilder, who are not exactly known for telling the truth.

Maybe Anderson did bust him up? So what?

Anthony Joshua has been knocked spark out in sparring loads of times, against guys a hell of lot inferior to Anderson, and it's not exactly done AJ any harm thus far in his career.
              You also hear of trainers absolutely beside themselves because their fighter can't replicate what they did in the gym - under the lights. It don' t mean much if Fury got dinged in a spar. One thing I've always wondered though... You hear people say "oh such and such got knocked out cold in sparring" do they still have to take a certain amount of time off like if they get knocked cold in the ring? And then what happens if someone gets sparked in the gym less than two weeks from a fight?
              OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Bob Arum, in his own words, who cares?
                Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Wilder should shut his mouth there’s videos of him getting beat up by some young Russian kid

Comment

That was the same thing that they said about Pac and look what happened.

Don't know which character is less believable between Fury and Arum.

Comment

Working...
                    X