Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis 'Very Frustrated' Mikey Garcia Fight Didn't Happen; Had Never Heard Of Sandor Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis 'Very Frustrated' Mikey Garcia Fight Didn't Happen; Had Never Heard Of Sandor Martin

By Keith Idec - Regis Prograis can't understand why DAZN executives wouldn't pay for his intriguing fight against Mikey Garcia, yet fully funded Garcia's tune-up bout with an anonymous, unproven opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So they weren't even gonna get 7mil put together? Smfh. So it seems Mickey might not fight after sandor.
    Who's out there for Mickey to fight that will give him a payday he feels he's entitled to only? Maybe ww at pbc they could put on ppv

Comment

Regis can go home to New Oleeenz have some gumbo and take himself a good shi%

Comment

Mikey had a good run in the lighter divisions 10 years ago. Hes a name only now. His record is great but Id call him a gatekeeper because what up and commer are you confident he could he actually beat? Hes a smart fighter but so damn old and never had any physical gifts to speak of.

At this point there are A LOT of guys out there in both the lightweight AND the super lightweight division that I feel would demolish Mikey that he better step up or go away.. Tune up fights at this point are just cashouts as he gets older and older and more and more insignificant. I could never see him beating Montana Love or Subriel Matias, Michel Rivera, Isaac Cruz, the guys who are ready to or have already taken his place. He might even struggle to get a close win against Rolly. Even super featherweights Albert Bell, Colbert, Berchelt , and Oscar Valdez would probably smoke him
        They should give him and Francisco Vargas a going away fight where Mikey wins when Vargas face falls off in the 5th round and they both retire.

Prograis is waaaay too good for Mikey now.

I like him sort of. I wanted him to beat Spence. I didnt know why he took that fight. He was never going to win it. we all knew that except for him.Terrible career move when if he wanted to prove something he shouldve dominated the lower weights for as long as possible. Instead thats an example for future fighters. (He dared and got destroyed) I respect it but unless its a final cashout, then it was a stupid career move..Just stay where you are successful. Dont get the wrong idea, Im just keeping it real. If I were mean to him I could list all the Welters besides Spence that would KO him. But there are just too many. Imagine him fighting Ennis. Whats that like a 2 round fight before the ref steps in? Its all about cashing out now for him and I dont care. I wish him luck against some Euro bum named Martin. I'm guessing this is his last fight. You had a great run Mikey.
        Last edited by Wacked_Out; 09-17-2021, 03:10 AM.

Comment

After the way he lost to Spence, dazn grossly overpaid Garcia for the Vargas fight.
          fight.
          Next fight is @ 143? Looks like he's chipping the blubber off for a run at 140. But unless he's eyeing Taylor those $7m paydays aren't there for him either.
          BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

Mikey looking for a pac fight everyone knows pac wants one more just to finish on a win itd his mentality. Im seeing mikey in middle east or amir khan brook those his only 3 legit options. Mikey not fighting prograis taylor ortiz lopez or even ryan garcia davis ect Ryan vs mikey would be only fight he gets 5-7m n only 1 he may take since ryan still greem not teflo ter but will be that good. Mikey not fighting bud didnt beat em in ammatuers spence killed mikey thurman porter any top 5 147 would do same. Pac or ryan garcia best paydays &chance 1 old legs come n go the other not quite prime but close. Itd be like when money fought canelo canelo was good a name had a belt but def wont in prime. Prime nelo wouldve killed money

Comment

According to reports, Bud and Porter are getting ca. $10 M combined, so it's hard to expect these two to get the same or more.

Comment

We never got to see Prograis vs. Ramirez! Now is as good a time as ever! Make it happen! MAN UP!

Comment

Mikey Gacedos strikes me as someone who doesn’t really like boxing and only does it for money. Sort of like Gary Russell jr. I think Spence took any passion that he had for the sport and right now he’s content to barely fight and take these kinds of fights.

Comment

Fight didn't happen because fights are generally too expensive to make nowadays.

You can blame fans according to some idiots in here. Hehe...

Comment

Working...
                    X