Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Be Targeting Fury's Body To Break Him Down, Says Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Be Targeting Fury's Body To Break Him Down, Says Trainer

Malik Scott, the head trainer for heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder, had previously explained that his fighter has been working on different tactics - like body shots - for the upcoming trilogy fight with WBC world champion Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hope he's been teaching Wilder how to throw combinations. Fury is just going to wear him out by laying his fat body on him every chance he gets and then drop him when Wilder's legs are gone...

Comment

This should have been Wilder's plan all along. And any other heavyweight fighting Fury. Had Fury fought better competition, he would have already been laid out by someone smart enough to go to his pudgy mid section. I still say he doesn't even make it to the fight. He isn't even in the US yet and the fight is less than a month away.
      Fighter78 Fighter78 mjh1969 mjh1969 like this.

Comment

Lol I call BS. When have you seen wilder ever focus on the body? They're trying to confuse Fury. Doubt it'll work.

Comment

As bad a trainer as he was an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthteller View Post
            This should have been Wilder's plan all along. And any other heavyweight fighting Fury. Had Fury fought better competition, he would have already been laid out by someone smart enough to go to his pudgy mid section. I still say he doesn't even make it to the fight. He isn't even in the US yet and the fight is less than a month away.
            I agree totally with this statement. From all of the videos that I have been watching I see Wilder focusing more on body shots. It will be much harder for Fury to dodge body shots because he is a big hulking man with a large whale of a body. That should have been his strategy for the start. Hopefully he will stick to this strategy once Fury starts playing games, feinting and try to tie him up. I also hope that Wilder can add some mass to those boney legs of his so when Fury starts leaning on him, he can handle it better.
            NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Ok.. so that is the plan. Lol. Best of luck
              sallyField sallyField likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                Ok.. so that is the plan. Lol. Best of luck
                That was my initial thoughts too. I worry Wilder will get caught coming in as it's not something he's used to doing...
                sallyField sallyField likes this.

Comment

Not trying to be negative.......

but has Wilder's trainer ever trained elite level fighters before, on such a big stage?

Comment

I'm not sure that Wilder is adept enough to focus on body punches because that would leave him more open to counters. I'd like a more competitive fight but Fury is just a bad style for Wilder. Wilder needs someone not as mobile who stays in the pocket.

Comment

Working...
                    X