Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Pours Water Over Gervonta Davis Fight, Blames Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Pours Water Over Gervonta Davis Fight, Blames Mayweather

Don't expect the two top stars of the lightweight division to face each other anytime soon, if Ryan Garcia's latest remarks are anything to go by. The Instagram star from Victorville, Calif. recently stated that he does not expect to face Baltimore's Gervonta Davis inside the ring in the foreseeable future, a matchup that Garcia seemed to be keen on only as recently as this summer. A Davis-Garcia fight would pit two of the biggest names of the younger generation in boxing; Davis is 26, while Garcia is 23.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is this the same Ryan Garcia that backed out of the mando spot to avoid fighting Haney?

Comment

Cryan Garcia needs to stay offline until he's better. As far as I'm concerned, in-house fights or not, we all see Tank actually fighting while soy boy Cryan seeks attention. I don't agree with Floyd "keeping everything in-house"...wasn't he pissing and moaning about Bob doing the same with his fighters?

Fans want to see fights and most are on edge due to COVID cancellations, so nobody cares about "shoulda coulda woulda" fights. Get back in the ring, Ryan.

Point is, Ryan can actually makes some fights happen on his name alone...hence the Luke Campbell fight and the Linares fight that fell through. He doesn't need Tank at this moment because he still has some building to do.

Comment

Do I think Davis is a clown for his bs fights for fake belts? Yes...but Ryan is a whole fcukin circus by himself. Fcuk em both in all honesty

Comment

Tank beats Ryan Garcia easily.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
            Cryan Garcia needs to stay offline until he's better. As far as I'm concerned, in-house fights or not, we all see Tank actually fighting while soy boy Cryan seeks attention. I don't agree with Floyd "keeping everything in-house"...wasn't he pissing and moaning about Bob doing the same with his fighters?
            This is why I dislike Floyd after retirement. I supported Floyd the boxer but I cant tolerate him at all as a manager or promoter. Dude is cringe in so many ways and basically does everything he complained about.

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
            Fans want to see fights and most are on edge due to COVID cancellations, so nobody cares about "shoulda coulda woulda" fights. Get back in the ring, Ryan.

Point is, Ryan can actually makes some fights happen on his name alone...hence the Luke Campbell fight and the Linares fight that fell through. He doesn't need Tank at this moment because he still has some building to do.
            Ryan will outgrow Tank quickly as his frame is just so much bigger. Ryan also has a higher ceiling than Tank...nonetheless theyre both good entertainment and close to must-see boxing.

People forget when a fighter is out of the gym for a long period its difficult to return and make weight. Ryan is young so he might be able to with his faster metabolism but a guy like Spence is VERY UNLIKELY to return to 147 (if at all). Spence will likely get hurt or stopped in his next fight if he fights again.

So its no guarantee Ryan returns to LW at all

Comment

Hes right though, if they want to keep tank in house.. it does nothing. He of course will look spectacular beating tomato cans. and lets be honest, LSC was a small small guy with no pop. Barrios was the weakest in that division. THe one thing to understand is that he fought 2 mexican fighters.. that equals $$$ and publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasy5021 View Post
                Hes right though, if they want to keep tank in house.. it does nothing. He of course will look spectacular beating tomato cans. and lets be honest, LSC was a small small guy with no pop. Barrios was the weakest in that division. THe one thing to understand is that he fought 2 mexican fighters.. that equals $$$ and publicity.
                Yes. Their building Tank’s brand. I don’t see what is wrong with that. I also think his resume is a bit better than people claim.

Like Barrios. Tank moved up. He fought a decent opponent. Yet he gets criticized.

How many guys move up and fight the top guy immediately?

Comment

This coming from a guy who backs out of fights because of sadbrains. Say what you want about Davis but he has a killer mindset in the ring, and Garcia is a diva that seems to lack mental fortitude. Garcia would get eaten alive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Is this the same Ryan Garcia that backed out of the mando spot to avoid fighting Haney?

yep, that's him

Comment

Working...
                    X