Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Could See Himself Jumping Between 147 and 140 For Big Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Could See Himself Jumping Between 147 and 140 For Big Fights

Josh Taylor does not see why he needs to give up his lofty perch in the 140-pound division anytime soon - or ever, for that matter. The undisputed junior welterweight champion from Scotland may have accomplished all that can be done in his current weight class, but that does not mean he is necessarily looking to leave it permanently.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There is a good chance that Josh Taylor loses all 4 belts on the scales vs. Jack 'El Gato' Catterall given the 'Tart-Tomato's' history of struggling to make the jr. welterweight limit -- that would be the first. It seems to me that Taylor does not have the guts to vacate the jr. welterweight titles because he lacks confidence that he could become a two-weight champion, like Terence 'Bud' Crawford or Oleksandr Usyk.

Lets face it, we all know that Josh is being advised to hold on to these belts so that he is assured that he will be in championship PPV fights at 140, after he gets his ass kicked at welterweight.

Comment

Teofimo first, then 147! And that's only if the WBA doesn't order Taylor vs. Davis @ 140! If they do, take that fight too!

Comment

I think 147 he might be to small. at 140 he can beat all those guys including Teofimo. that would be a good fight. Id like to see him fight Mickey Garcia as well. get some more exposure

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          There is a good chance that Josh Taylor loses all 4 belts on the scales vs. Jack 'El Gato' Catterall given the 'Tart-Tomato's' history of struggling to make the jr. welterweight limit -- that would be the first. It seems to me that Taylor does not have the guts to vacate the jr. welterweight titles because he lacks confidence that he could become a two-weight champion, like Terence 'Bud' Crawford or Oleksandr Usyk.

Lets face it, we all know that Josh is being advised to hold on to these belts so that he is assured that he will be in championship PPV fights at 140, after he gets his ass kicked at welterweight.
          Reread what you wrote. You might want to go take an I.Q. test or maybe have mommy proof read it before you post.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasy5021 View Post
            I think 147 he might be to small. at 140 he can beat all those guys including Teofimo. that would be a good fight. Id like to see him fight Mickey Garcia as well. get some more exposure
            Taylor vs Mikey is the perfect fight. But mikey and top rank will never work together again
            fantasy5021 fantasy5021 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post

Reread what you wrote. You might want to go take an I.Q. test or maybe have mommy proof read it before you post.
              Be honest Peter, how many people graduated in your inbred family? I know Tyson dropped out of school when he was eleven, at what age did you start tarmacking roads?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Teofimo first, then 147! And that's only if the WBA doesn't order Taylor vs. Davis @ 140! If they do, take that fight too!
                Works for me
                Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post

He's just looking for people to bite. He's an idiot lol. So much falseness in his comment he clearly has no clue about boxing.
                  petero petero likes this.

Comment

This interview was done a couple of weeks ago, at the same time as the one where he mentions the Ugas sparring. Interesting how there have been the stories that will be viewed more negatively before we get to a more positive story about his future plans. Just typical of the way, as soon as someone hits the top, they automatically try to bring him down.

Comment

Working...
                    X