Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Erupts Over Triller PPV With Holyfield-Belfort, Silva-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dana White Erupts Over Triller PPV With Holyfield-Belfort, Silva-Ortiz

UFC President Dana White erupted when reporters questioned him regarding last Saturday's pay-per-view event that was staged by the Triller app in Hollywood, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zuffa boxing need Anderson Silva Vitor...

Comment

Yes, Ortiz is a terrible boxer, but I'm sure he got very well paid for the fight. I'm guessing he got well rewarded, more than for any of his ufc fights.

Comment

Has Dana White ever offered Vitor Belfort 30 million for one night tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Yes, Ortiz is a terrible boxer, but I'm sure he got very well paid for the fight. I'm guessing he got well rewarded, more than for any of his ufc fights.
          He hasnt been considered elite since like 2006 though, as much as UFC pay gets shat on, it has increased massively over that time frame.

UFC 66 LHW title fight in 2006: Tito ($210k) vs Chuck ($250k)

The last LHW title fight earlier this year: Jan ($500k) vs Adesanya ($640k)

If Triller are paying a 46 year old mid 00s era MMA fighter more than 500k (or even close to it) to get KTFO in the first round of a novelty boxing match in 2021, they're overpaying.

Comment

Dana u don't pay ppl anything. It will be a great day for athletes and fans when UFC is no more. And why do your contracts prevent even retired guys from coming back and making money fighting. anywhere else?? So u own your guys for life, huh? Real good guy u are. Dirty piece of dog sh..
            Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

This is coming from the same guy who had no issue allowing James Toney to face Randy Couture when Toney had 0 MMA experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                This is coming from the same guy who had no issue allowing James Toney to face Randy Couture when Toney had 0 MMA experience.
                Exactly, an old abs out of shape Toney at that, and the MMA apparatus has used that as anti-boxing propaganda ever since

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  That was pretty dumb too but putting a 42 year old Toney in with a 47 year old Couture who was a wrestler and clearly took it easy on him is not the same as putting a nearly 60 year old Holyfield in there with Vitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    the MMA apparatus has used that as anti-boxing propaganda ever since
                    Cant say ive experienced this myself. In what way? its not like it gets brought up very often, most people dont even remember that it happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X