Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Browne: WBC Grants Extension, Purse Bid Delayed Until September 28

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Browne: WBC Grants Extension, Purse Bid Delayed Until September 28

Top Rank and Premier Boxing Champions will go back to the well in hopes of extra time producing a deal between their respective clients. Talks remain ongoing for the ordered WBC light heavyweight title fight between defending champion Artur Beterbiev (also the lineal and IBF champ) and mandatory challenger Marcus Browne, WBC representatives confirmed Wednesday with BoxingScene.com. The fight was destined for a purse bid hearing scheduled to take place this Friday from the sanctioning body's headquarters in Mexico City but has been postponed to September 28.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Coulda sworn Browne was in jail for multiple counts of domestic abuse

Comment

I was never big on the idea of purse bids, but I won't fight this new wave of "Let's get this done!" If it takes purse bids or the threat of such, then I'm fine with it! Looks like it's worked thus far.

I've been ready to see Browne get crushed, ever since he pulled that hoe **** against my dog Tog Dawg Thomas Williams a few years back (hit while he was down, broke his jaw). Top Dawg was pure entertainment and I miss that guy in the ring!
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Beterbiev is fighting better opponents than Bivol at least.

Comment

PBC and Top Rank forced to work together hopefully they keep it going and work this deal out too

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
            I was never big on the idea of purse bids, but I won't fight this new wave of "Let's get this done!" If it takes purse bids or the threat of such, then I'm fine with it! Looks like it's worked thus far.

I've been ready to see Browne get crushed, ever since he pulled that hoe **** against my dog Tog Dawg Thomas Williams a few years back (hit while he was down, broke his jaw). Top Dawg was pure entertainment and I miss that guy in the ring!
            I feel you, and I want to see more of it too! The easy answer to me, would be to put this fight with Crawford vs. Porter, and Charge $75 for the PPV!

Comment

Browne has beaten one woman too many, now comes domestic abuse counseling from the Doctor who has no tolerance! Browne will suffer complete embarrassment

Comment

Put this fight on the undercard of Crawford/Porter!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I feel you, and I want to see more of it too! The easy answer to me, would be to put this fight with Crawford vs. Porter, and Charge $75 for the PPV!
                  I can see this happening but I don't know Browne's purse history so he may ask for more money and not fit on the undercard budget. This would certainly help Crawford/Porter sales but I wouldn't mind seeing these two bouts on consecutive weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    That would be a nice Co Main
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X