Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Gonna Try To Keep The Pay-Per-View Price For Crawford-Porter Reasonable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Gonna Try To Keep The Pay-Per-View Price For Crawford-Porter Reasonable

Bob Arum hopes skeptical boxing fans understand that pay-per-view is the only economic model that would've worked while putting together the Terence Crawford-Shawn Porter fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't care how much it is.

I want to see what Crawford aka "passes the eye test" is finally made of.

Has it all been smoke and mirrors? I'm willing to pay a high price to find out.

Comment

Stack the card, charge $75! I like the Wilder vs. Fury 3 card, so do the same for Crawford vs. Porter! Let's Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Stack the card, charge $75! I like the Wilder vs. Fury 3 card, so do the same for Crawford vs. Porter! Let's Go!
        The undercard is really the selling point. Crappy under cards is why Crawford hasn't been successful in his other PPV fights. If all undercard were the Fury/Wilder one it'd be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
          I don't care how much it is.

I want to see what Crawford aka "passes the eye test" is finally made of.

Has it all been smoke and mirrors? I'm willing to pay a high price to find out.
          Exactly.

My only concern is a shady decision or a trigger ref.

Other than that, that's the sell point. Test the mofo
          IAMTHAT IAMTHAT likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

The undercard is really the selling point. Crappy under cards is why Crawford hasn't been successful in his other PPV fights. If all undercard were the Fury/Wilder one it'd be awesome.
            I'm not so sure, but it SHOULD help!

Lopez, Stevenson join Crawford-Khan undercard

Lightweight Teofimo Lopez and featherweight Shakur Stevenson, 2016 Olympians and two of boxing's elite prospects, will each step up their competition level in their biggest fights to date in televised bouts on the Terence Crawford-Amir Khan undercard, Top Rank announced Tuesday.

Lopez, the 2018 ESPN prospect of the year, will take on former world title challenger and former European champion Edis Tatli in 10-round fight and Stevenson will meet former world title challenger Christopher "Pitufo" Diaz in a 10-rounder on the card headlined by the Crawford-Khan welterweight world title bout on April 20 (ESPN PPV, 9 p.m. ET) at Madison Square Garden in New York.

In the opening fight of the pay-per-view, lightweight Felix Verdejo, a one-time prospect looking to regain his stature, will face Bryan Vasquez in a 10-round fight.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...khan-undercard

Comment

I'm just happy to see both guys getting a nice chunk of money to square off! Much deserved and well earned for both!

The crazy thing is, Arum does make fights happen....it's usually impeded when it's a Haymon or sometimes a Golden Boy fighter, as history has shown us. Bob is a miser and absolutely hates doing business with most promoters. Lol

Bud has a proper opponent to get him the notoriety he needs and I'm sure we'll be entertained!

Comment

Now....let's see who buys the fight. We all know boxing fans BEG for competitive fights but their dollars don't always tell the story when it's time to buy. I remember how much people said Ward "ducked" Kovalev but the fight sold what, about 160k (or less)? The numbers in the rematch were similar.

Again, fans need to put their money where their mouths are, or we'll keep getting ranked fighters against "TBD" opponents in showcase bouts. I hope they stack this card...TR has some really good and entertaining fighters are smaller weights who tend to steal the show!

Comment

Arum is a master schemer. Sly, nasty old fox
                  NC Uppercut NC Uppercut mgame mgame like this.

Comment

what happens if Crawford beats Porter? Everyone will say "oh it was only Porter" when they going to give this dude a legacy opponent? The guy whoops Postals ass for all the belts and he still doesn't get the rep. Arum must be the only guy on the planet who doesn't wanna see Crawford vs Spence.

Comment

Working...
                    X